Development on version 1.x (France edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Kutchek

04 Oct 2013 21:00

Hello everyone,
I said all the work is done on the map of France here. This is also where you can comment on what is being done or what needs to be done. I will firstly show you the places I think to represent France.
I chose to represent mainly urban cities with more than 200,000 peoples.

There are exceptions and my choice is not fixed.

I realize that there may be technical constraints due to the remoteness of cities compared to others.

List of planned cities (See also the map):

Rouen, Le Havre, Caen, Cherbourg (Harbor), Le Mans, Rennes, Brest, Lorient, Nantes, Portsmouth (UK), Angers*, Tours, Orléans, Poitiers, Angoulème*, Limoges, Clermont-Ferrand, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Montpellier, Marseille, Nice, Bayonne*, Pau, Perpignan

* = not defined
Attachments
france.jpg
france.jpg (424.53 KiB) Viewed 29500 times

Lolsmurf

05 Oct 2013 10:33

Great dude, can't wait to see some updates from your work, your previously screenshots were stunning!

Keep it up, and let me know when you arrive in Baionna (Bayonne for you :p )

Tuppence870

05 Oct 2013 16:39

Very nice work, Kutchek!

Can I suggest adding Monaco, or is it too close to Nice?

Kutchek

05 Oct 2013 17:39

Scul81 had planned to do this and the Principality of Andorra. I will try to be careful to place the two cities : Nice and Monaco :) This promises to see a large urban area

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

05 Oct 2013 21:05

I love Cote d'Azur and I was going to suggest Monaco as well, but there are two problems: Firstly, the space of course, but secondly - this is for the fans of realism, and I am one of them - Monaco is forbidden for large trucks, and even campers and caravans. The only heavy vehicles allowed are tourist buses and municipal services. All local goods deliveries are made with vans, apparently...

What I suggest in this case is to add Monaco only as an object visible from the highway, but not as a separate city. This should solve all problems and also will look great!!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

05 Oct 2013 21:14

Yeah I was also thinking about that, maybe try to get some monaco landmark so you see the nice coast and all the buildings from the motorway.

BTW pls keep in mind south of France that I will be doing a small road towards Andorra la Vella into Spain ;) just so you know mate :D
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

05 Oct 2013 21:39

Good news Nico, I really love sothern France. In fact, I love travelling anywhere and get to know the world, but southern France is really special. I use ETS 2 mostly to relax after work by just visiting different places and recreating my holidays travels while hauling loads :-) Because of that I can't wait for the rest of southern Europe to be included, as my native Poland is already there. Good luck with your work, I really admire people who are willing to do so much for free just to make the others happier!!

Kutchek

07 Oct 2013 16:25

As you already probably seen on other forums, the following cities are already implemented: Rouen, Le Havre, Caen, Cherbourg, Le Mans and Rennes

I am currently working on Rennes-Brest highway and city of Brest

Tuppence870

07 Oct 2013 18:35

SzczepanKolaczek wrote: Monaco is forbidden for large trucks, and even campers and caravans. The only heavy vehicles allowed are tourist buses and municipal services. All local goods deliveries are made with vans, apparently...
Interesting. I guess the Formula 1 teams have special permission to get their trucks onto the racing circuit:

Speaking of which, I would love to see the racing pit garages in Monaco and Le Mans as a place to park in the game (possibly with Renault branding?). Also, if there's enough space, I'd love to see a drivable section of each circuit, like the track at Scania in Södertälje.
Kutchek wrote:As you already probably seen on other forums, the following cities are already implemented: Rouen, Le Havre, Caen, Cherbourg, Le Mans and Rennes

I am currently working on Rennes-Brest highway and city of Brest
Brilliant work! Could you post a link to those forums you mentioned?

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2013 18:42

Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information