crashing new game

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Orval_Trucker

01 Feb 2023 22:48

my latest crash report: Since i had several crashes, if there's need for those crashreports as well, just give me a shout

So, after a year of absence, i started playing again. Spent whole day downloading and placing mods using the info on this site. (how can i easily show all my used mods and the order in which i put them?) I based my load order on a link that was provided here somewhere in this forum: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293794

1 - While there is a thread that says that the game can crash when adding mods to an existing user, i can not start a new user with the mods. I can only place them in already existing users.
2 - the crash is happening in 2 ways: either my truck (alias, it's not mine since it is the first run) is placed in the garage and from there when i try to see the map, it closes, or when i have already my first run assigned, it will load (the loadscreen), but then as soon as i am in the first game scene it also closes

I am really at a wits end, help would really appreciated. I am sort of a technological noob, so if you could keep that in mind when explaining i would be very gratefull.

I don't know if it is relevant, but there's a sticky thread saying that adding mods to users may cause a crash. While there's one sollution given in the folder eurotrucks2>profiles> therein should be a folder with the userprofile. My folder is empty.

Thanks

Josh0

01 Feb 2023 23:16

We would need to see your game.log.txt file after your game crashes, we can't do anything with game.crash.txt.

Orval_Trucker

02 Feb 2023 00:39

I have started a new game with ONLY promod, which runs fine (for the moment). Does this impact the game.log.txt file?

Josh0

02 Feb 2023 02:25

We cannot debug a crash unless you post the game.log.txt immediately after a game crash occurs. If you start the game again the previous log will be overwritten (this log that you have posted does not show a game crash).

Orval_Trucker

02 Feb 2023 11:12

ok, i'll recreate the situation asap

Orval_Trucker

03 Feb 2023 21:33

when i copy paste into pastebin, it says i exceed the max size. Are there any lines i can omit to reduce it size? However, i don't understand why one day i can paste the file, and then another day (recreating the crash) i cannot. In word it is 144 pages???

is there another way to show this file?

Josh0

03 Feb 2023 23:06

pastebin has a size limit of 512 kilobytes per paste. Usually if your game.log is larger than that then you are doing something very wrong (like multiple mod conflicts). You could use another paste service like TextBin or Control-C.

Orval_Trucker

03 Feb 2023 23:45

https://textbin.net/ikrzpzu0ol

thanks beforehand for the patience and help!

Josh0

04 Feb 2023 01:56

This log does not show a game crash either, it shows a normal game shutdown (user quit). You didn't even load a game profile.

Orval_Trucker

04 Feb 2023 13:11

the file is as it is after i crash. I did not leave the game, the game threw me out. However, i am being thrown out already in the main screen when i try either looking at the map or wanting a quick cargo. Also, i mentioned earlier that in the thread about that games may crash when adding mods, i have to follow some steps in order to prevent this. One of the steps is going to the folder "profiles" and select the correct number. However, in my case, this folder is empty, even though i have several profiles saved and running in the game.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 05 Feb 2023 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, DO NOT quote the post above yours

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information