[2.64] Same crash at two places, when playing more than a few minutes

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2023 23:18

I've got these strange crashes, always at the same two places and only at those places. But when I restart the game after the crash and resume from the latest autosave point, the game doesn't crash again at that place, so it seems the crash only occurs when playing the game for a while. But then again, it happens always at the same places and only there.

The two places are:
- England, M20 towards London, at the Channel Tunnel junction, coming from Eurotunnel or from Folkestone / Dover.
- Belgium, E42 towards Liège, at the intersection with the E411, coming from Valenciennes.

Here is my game log from the latest crash, on the M20, coming from Dover, heading for London.
https://pastebin.com/PiaYSYMq

These are the places of the crashes:

M20, GB

E42, B

The strange thing is the error on which the game crashes. It's always like this:

Code: Select all

00:55:24.142 : <ERROR> d:\buildbot\slaves\win_slave\final_build_ets2_146_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections\arrays\arrays_base_impl.h(491): ??A?$array_t@PEAVnode_item_t@prism@@@prism@@QEAAAEAPEAVnode_item_t@1@_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries.
What is this error caused by? And why only at these places? Do these places have something in common?

bearcoolbear

29 Jan 2023 21:41

1) You need the new version of Real European Gas Stations. viewtopic.php?t=27882
2) Try removing the Realistic Rain & Thunder Sounds mod.
Former #3 Discord spammer

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

22 Feb 2023 20:57

Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't much time for ETS2 recently...

But, I tried your solution and sadly it doesn't help. I got the crash again when driving over the motorway intersection near Namur in the direction from Lille to Liège. It's always this error - and ONLY this error:

Code: Select all

00:42:41.279 : <ERROR> d:\buildbot\slaves\win_slave\final_build_ets2_146_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections\arrays\arrays_base_impl.h(491): ??A?$array_t@PEAVnode_item_t@prism@@@prism@@QEAAAEAPEAVnode_item_t@1@_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries.
Does anybody know what THIS error means? Since it doesn't refer to any mod file it couldn't load, I cannot understand what's going wrong here. But it happens always on this spot, while driving in Eastern direction. Or on that other spot in England, near the Channel Tunnel junction, heading for London. But nowhere else on the entire map as far as I know...

ScuL
Founder

23 Feb 2023 03:28

That error is a generic message created when the game runs out of memory or possibilities to place a certain object in the game world

The only way to debug it is by trying to reduce mods to the bare minimum and see if it crashes.
If it crashes with default game + ProMods then maybe check your memory configuration
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

23 Feb 2023 17:32

Thanks for your answer. So if I understand it right, it's an error caused by insufficient system capabilities. Okay, that makes sense. But still, why only at a few spots on the map and always on the same spot? Isn't there used a certain object near that place in Belgium for example that isn't used elsewhere? If the game crashes because it runs out of memory, I would expect it to crash at totally random places and random times. But that's not the case. When I don't pass those few certain places in that specific direction, I could play the game for many hours at a time...

ScuL
Founder

25 Feb 2023 13:04

I cannot give you any more specific clues other than stripping the game back to as few mods as possible and seeing what happens. Also verifying the integrity of your game files may help
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information