SCS Extractor issues

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2023 19:43

Hi,

I want to modify a certain base game file to add it into a mod afterwards. I found out that I need to use de SCS-extractor, since it seems that the SCS-files from the base game are not readable by Windows Explorer or WinZIP, (unlike those of most mods).

But when I use the drag method and drag the copy of base.scs into scs_extractor.exe, the console window appears and within a split second it closes and nothing happens after that.

So next I tried to get the job done by using the command prompt. But then the SCS-extractor returns the following:

Code: Select all

*** ERROR *** : [hashfs] base.scs: Entry table size exceeds internal limits!
*** ERROR *** : Root directory not found, can not extract this archive!
Does anybody know this problem and how to get this working the right way? I already googled this problem and I saw some other problems with the SCS-extractorm but not my specific problem. Hope someone can help me out on this.

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2023 23:26

You'll need to pick up the updated version of the SCS Extractor program from the SCS Modding Wiki.
It was updated recently for this exact issue. You can find it here, under the Game Archive Extractor section: https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Documentation/Tools

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

14 Sep 2023 20:16

Thank you so much, KrysEmlyn! Now I succeeded and I got the file I was looking for!

JETLogistics
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2023 19:41

You absolute gem, I had been wondering exactly the same thing and not realised they had updated the extractor tool. Thank you @KrysEmlyn !!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information