PROFILE REMOVED WHEN EXITED GAME

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Unstoppable2180

10 Apr 2024 11:18

Hello! I have frustrating bug, at first, I thought it was just somebody hacked on and removed only my profile for some reason; but it isn't. My profile is the only one that uses ProMods, and ever since I downloaded Europe in the ProMods 2.68, it's removed my profile whenever I leave the game, as if my profile never ever existed. This is getting really annoying to me now. Is there anything I did wrong for installation? If you want I can make a video showing this. Here's the image of what's in the file explorer on Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod (the link leads to Pixabay since only way I can actually share the image due to the restricted tools when you make a post) The image should be here: Image
If it doesn't load, use this link (by image should've been approved) https://pixabay.com/illustrations/files ... t-8687786/

ScuL
Founder

10 Apr 2024 21:50

Hi, while I cannot comment on the specific issue, it is not possible for any mod to remove profiles (/save games). So there must be something happening in your installation that is a deeper issue.
Maybe your documents folder is set up to synchronise through OneDrive or similar software
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Unstoppable2180

12 Apr 2024 12:08

I don't use anything like OneDrive, I only use actual storage (so, I don't use anything online for storage such as OneDrive)
I just scanned my computer and there's no viruses on it, so that's not the issue. The only thing was that when I installed the test file thingy it automatically scanned it and popped up with something, but it's not something bad because I did a proper scan just now to scan every file and the entire system and it hasn't popped up with anything. The bug only has happened ever since I installed ProMods Europe though...
I remember that this never used to happen when I used to have ProMods but it constantly said that the mods were incompatible so I got rid of the mods.
Last edited by mads1153 on 15 Apr 2024 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't qoute the post above your post.

Shiva

12 Apr 2024 17:15

Any files, or ETS2 folders read only?
Is there any, settings? that could prevent the profile files and folders to be saved?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Unstoppable2180

15 Apr 2024 08:50

No, not from what I've seen, however, I did link up to World Of Trucks which could've been what was messing it up if ProMods doesn't really work with a World Of Trucks account.

I JUST found out that I have ONE profile that it DIDN'T delete with the mods on it (yes, it is connected to World Of Trucks account too). The solution is: Keep making new profiles if my issue is happening to you, and LOOK IN THE DROP DOWN MENU - I had to look there to see my profile and my avatar's little smiley face waiting for me to play :)
Last edited by mads1153 on 15 Apr 2024 09:21, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information