From someone who lives in Gastown (Vancouver)

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
Swiitch604

26 Apr 2024 23:19

I can't find the original post where people were commenting, doesn't matter, it probably would have exceeded the character limit anyways. I'll try and keep it short, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.

As the subject says, I live about a 10 min walk from Rogers Arena and to put it simply, this mod is up there in my top 3 mods of any game. I get that this is only a video game and despite being on PC, it has it's limitations and sacrifices are always going to have to be made. Honestly don't mind that Chilliwack was one of those sacrifices lmao! This mod absolutely blows me away! Being from Vancouver, rent prices rival Manhattan and L.A. and therefore I am a broke-ass or I would donate in a heartbeat! (once I have spending cash that I'd normally set aside for a DLC, I plan on doing just that!)

The locations you guys have managed to include take me within a 5 min drive of: my place downtown, my friend's house in North Van, my dad's house in Surrey, my work in Surrey, you guys skipped Chilliwack so that leaves out one set of grandparents, but my other grandparents in Hope, the overpass me and my brother used to hang out under when we'd get bored at said grandparents lol nostalgia overload. I've got pictures of me at the Hope/Princeton Slide, to be able to go there in a video game is beyond awesome! The attention to detail! While driving in Vancouver, you will actually see black VPD Chargers and once outside city limits you'll see RCMP vehicles instead and the B.C. ambulances! Everything is in km/h even though I leave the units in mp/h because of my dashboard, my GPS does the conversion anyway. The fact that you guys have used Canadian traffic lights with the green advance arrow for left turns.

I'm in the middle of creating a random, middle-of-the-night roadtrip me and a friend did from Burnaby to Kelowna, to Kamloops and back to Vancouver via Merritt but I friggin' LOST it and HAD to take a break to come write this when I got to the Tim Hortons in Kamloops that me and my friend went there for in the first place! We decided so that it wasn't totally "pointless", we would go to Kelowna for ice cream, Kamloops for coffee and get breakfast somewhere between Kamloops and home lol. I dunno when I plan on going back to the U.S., if ever, unless I decide to take a job heading there, but for now, I'm happy cruising the highways of B.C. in my Nissan Skyline!

I've been on console, specifically Playstation, the last decade or so, I've been away from PC a loooong time. My knowledge of forums, HTLM and how to include pics in my posts are long forgotten (go easy on this lowly noob!) but I'll be uploading videos to my YouTube channel which I will add to this post once done.

Added in 17 minutes 18 seconds:
Also, as a sidenote, does anyone know of an auto-pilot mod that might exist? I saw someone ask the question on Reddit and everyone there just ripped this guy to shreds but I'm on his side. Much like it is in real life, sometimes it's nice to be the passenger instead of the driver and be able to look at all the detail these guys when thru painstaking measures to create for us without having to come to a dead stop every time I want to have a look around! Not only that, but I typically drive in first-person and rarely use cruise control but I recently tried using cruise control while using external cameras to record a video and I must say, trying to drive (using a crappy PS4 controller with a drifting analog stick) and control the camera at the same time is not an easy thing to do. If I could let the vehicle follow the same paths NPC traffic does then I could concentrate on screwing with the camera and life would be simpler! I found one result on Google but it sounded way above my paygrade by going into game folders and altering files within those folders. If that's the only option, I think I'll pass, but if anyone knows of an easier method, I'd be happy to know.

ScuL
Founder

28 Apr 2024 03:30

Many thanks for your praise it is always great to see locals that recognise the areas we have built
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Swiitch604

29 Apr 2024 00:36

I created this 15 min video for my gamer friends in Australia who seem keen on visiting Canada but I thought I would share it here for anyone interested in watching!

https://youtu.be/3gpsatRvuKw

Return to “Share the love”

• Information