Definition Mod v Convoy Mod

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Nealmac1978
Donation rank:

10 Jul 2024 16:11

I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question, but I've tried searching, to no avail.

I have learned that the convoy mod is needed for convoy mode. Obviously. As I understand it, this is used instead of the definition file that comes as part of Pro Mods. I also understand that the convoy mod actually IS the definition mod, with some extra coding that also allows convoy mode to work. However, I've also noticed that the convoy mod works perfectly fine in single play.

Which begs my question (and I'm sorry if it's dumb), when downloading Pro Mods, would it not not make more sense to give us the convoy mod by default, INSTEAD of the definition file? The convoy mod works for both single player AND convoy mode.

So....what am I missing?

ScuL
Founder

13 Jul 2024 23:43

The def file is customisable in the def generator so that each player can customise some settings such as the navigation/map appearance but also custom settings such as damage.
Because of these customised settings it's impossible to use the file in convoy because another player may have other settings and it will then mismatch causing the convoy to fail.
The convoy def file is totally "standardised" in the sense that all settings are the same therefore all players have the same configuration which then allows convoy to successfully work.
Because the vast majority of players do not play in convoy mode it remains preferable to have the customisation options for those players who require them.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information