Development on version 1.x (Spain edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
mikoair

14 Oct 2013 14:37

This tollbooths are so cooooool :D Keep it up, I hope that you'll make roads as in real Spain- Free motorway and paid motorway near it :D

xaluan
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2013 08:27

Well done, that is the perfect spanish tollbooths style. !!!!!
do you have any image about your plan spanish map? you are talking about many cities in Spain, Santander, Bilbao, Vitoria... I would like to see it
Thanks

Lolsmurf

16 Oct 2013 10:37

Autopista and Autovia will both be avalaible. I just use the one that is shown on google maps. For example: to go from France to Gijon, you take the AP-8 (autopista with toll) and you don't have an autovia.

Most roads in the north are autopista only.

For the cities: I was planning this ones:

-Bilbao (completed allmost)
-Gijon
-Burgos
-Pamplona(Iruña)
-Zaragoza (??)

I wanted to make more cities, but the scale of the map just doesnt allow me to. It would be very dumb to have Bilbao 5 miles from Vitoria/Gasteiz let's say. I just don't have place on the map to make all the cities I should have wanted, so I m a bit forced to spread the cities a bit.

These are only the northern Atlantic cities. Barcelona, Madrid and other big spanish cities will be included 100% when I reach the area.

PeterMoeller
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2013 16:04

Wow what a job Lolsmurf! Thumps up for awesomeness!
Creator of 3D Models

xaluan
Donation rank:

17 Oct 2013 06:39

Well, sorry but for the AP-8 if is posible, make only toll section from France to Bilbao, because from Bilbao to Gijon and following to Galicia is freeway, is "Autovía del Cantábrico", you can see it in Google maps or similar, is AP-8 from France to Bilbao and then changes to A-8.

Look here the sections of AP-8 and A-8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopista_AP-8

Let me show you this map, separates all highways and motorways in Spain, may be interesting four your development of northern spain

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rbTWpIs15yU/U ... abr+13.jpg

Lolsmurf

17 Oct 2013 10:42

Thanks for the info and the map!

Yes I know, the A-8** to Gijon even is interrupted in some places where it is a national road (no highway).

But if you see, the roads between Bilbao-France-Burgos- Pamplona-Zaragoza are all tollroads. That's what I meant.

Don't worry for inacurate or unealistic things, I first check on google maps, then proceed to make the roads in the editor.
I also regularly check on a forum about european highways where they talk about them.

Anyways thanks for the info!

** For years the Basque people didnt want to use the AP name for the roads. They just used A-8 even if it was an autopista. Just recently they also 'converted' their signs to use the spanish way of indicating autopista, with AP in front.

xaluan
Donation rank:

18 Oct 2013 05:57

You're wellcome

I know you're very informed about Spanish motorways, it's impossible make a job so fantastic like you are doing, without being informed.

I'm very happy because may be soon i'll could drive for my Spanish highways ... :D :D :D

Gorkal1ty
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2013 10:45

Ey guys Ive just found you thanks to your released Scandinavian mod and I am now impressed knowing all the lands you are working on. Im a tester and traductor for ETS2 in Basque Country and I can only tell you I wish you could put at least Bilbao (as the famous and industrialized city in Basque Country) into spanish map. Thanks for everything!

Lolsmurf

22 Oct 2013 16:17

Bilbao (Bilbo) will be included 100%. The city is even made and on place, just have to connect it to the highway roads.

I've sent you a PM btw.

soybetico

23 Oct 2013 18:47

I see you doing still northern Spain, but when you get to the south, Could you include Cadiz and Puerto Real, please? (with Carranza bridge). It isn't big cities, but Cádiz is the oldest city in Spain and very important. E.g.: the 1st Spanish constitution was signed here in 1812, during Napoleonics Wars, and was the Spanish capital from 1811 to 1814.
Thanks. :D

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information