Development on version 1.x (a part of Scotland)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
LA-MJ
Donation rank:

09 Jan 2015 02:53

uk_daf_fan wrote:Yeah, what I'd like to see most in ETS2 (amongst other things) is licence plates on the truck staying the same when you move them from garage to garage (or just drive them) and the plates on the trailer being the same as those on the truck.
Personally, I'd like to see any license plates in promods countries. They're all black due to opengl-related bug(s). Well except in France but those were made by SCS, I gather.

LoaderSaints

09 Jan 2015 08:45

uk_daf_fan wrote:Yeah, what I'd like to see most in ETS2 (amongst other things) is licence plates on the truck staying the same when you move them from garage to garage (or just drive them) and the plates on the trailer being the same as those on the truck.
In Finland it is common for a truck and trailer combo (that are owned by the same person) to have almost the same plates. The only difference being the last digit because two vehicles can not have the same plates here. Though the situation is otherwise the same as in the rest of Europe. ;)

Nissantruck

09 Jan 2015 12:24

uk_daf_fan wrote:
tkk7406 wrote: Not ALL the AI cars were made between 09 - 12 (especially when you get the AI pack by Jazzycat

And by the way, yes, I am a number plate nerd too...
At least I'm not the only one ;), you're right, there's the pre-2007 Ford Mondeo and Skoda Fabia Mk1 etcetera...
Hello!Päivää! I must say something to that,Not ALL the AI cars were made between 09 - 12.Because for example the first model of the Nissan Qashqai,was for sale in Finland from 2007 – 2013 and you can still find new first generation Qashqai cars from some dealers in Finland,even if the new model is for sale in the same car dealer.And that Nissan Qashqai car is one of the best selling cars in Finland.Players of the ETS2 can see the old Qashqai model in the game as an AI car and yes i know that people know it is there,but i did have the need to add this information in here.Ps.I am a Nissan car fan as you can probebly see.
Attachments
Nissan Qashqai Second Generation Model.2.jpg
Nissan Qashqai Second Generation.
Nissan Qashqai Second Generation Model.2.jpg (13.25 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
Nissan Qashqai First Generation Model.1..jpg
Nissan Qashqai First Generation.
Nissan Qashqai First Generation Model.1..jpg (6.98 KiB) Viewed 2179 times

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

ScuL
Founder

09 Jan 2015 13:40

LA-MJ wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see any license plates in promods countries. They're all black due to opengl-related bug(s). Well except in France but those were made by SCS, I gather.
Hm, that is annoying. It must have to do with the texture format (either the font or the plate).

The French plates are SCS yes but have been upgraded by me with the regional sticker (also in the vanilla version of the game!)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

09 Jan 2015 16:11

ScuL wrote:The range stops at 12 and 62 because ETS2 was released in 2012. I can easily update it to include 13, 63 and 14, 64 ..
That's what I'd like to see, thank you.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

deutzie

11 Jan 2015 13:02

uk_daf_fan wrote:(...) and the plates on the trailer being the same as those on the truck.
In Belgium it depends on the weight of the trailer. When the trailer doesn't has a MTM (maximum total mass) of more than 3.5 ton (I think) it has the same plate as the truck, when it becomes higher than the 3.5 ton, the trailer has a plate black on white and it will start with Q (QSD-456) for olds and with a digit and than Q for new European plates (1-QSD-456)

ETS2-User
Developer

11 Jan 2015 19:55

Why be so complicated? In Austria all cars, trucks and trailers get the same type of license plates: white. :P
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

11 Jan 2015 20:14

ETS2-User wrote:Why be so complicated? In Austria all cars, trucks and trailers get the same type of license plates: white. :P
We've got the most complicated! Not only a different colour, but a completely different pattern!
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2015 04:58

No country in the world has a more complicated "system" than the United States. The only thing they have in common is their size...

Not only do we have 52 States plus the District of Columbia, but within each State there can be as many as 100 variations, not counting "custom plates" that are available. :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

realdeal350
Developer

12 Jan 2015 05:38

In Victoria (the state thati live in in Australia), all cars and trucks go by the combination AAA-000, trailers go like 00000-A. But now because we ran out of combinations :lol: , cars and trucks go by 1AA-1AA. Interstate trucks and trailers go by AA-00AA. In other states it's different.
New South Wales trucks and cars go by AAA-00A.
South Australia trucks and cars go by S000-AAA (it's s for South Australia).
Western Australia trucks and cars go by 1AAA-000 (the biggest state). They used to be
A-00000.
Queensland trucks and cars go by 000-AAA
Tasmania trucks and cars go by AA-11-A
Northern Territory I've never seen before
A.C.T (Australian Capital Territory) trucks and cars are like New South Wales.

Just a little license plate recap for Australia. :mrgreen:

EDIT: We also have custom plates. :lol: The weirdest I've seen is 'GIVEUP' :lol: .
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information