AI traffic errors

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Elmer BeFuddled

15 Jan 2015 05:52

I'm getting errors for all the AI traffic in Estonia, Finland and Romania. Liechtenstein is OK.
Typical examples:

Code: Select all

00:11:10.982 : <ERROR> [unit] The file '/def/country/finland/ai/accord.sii' does not contain serialised units - missing magic mark.
00:11:11.001 : <ERROR> [unit] The file '/def/country/romania/ai/accord.sii' does not contain serialised units - missing magic mark.
00:11:11.003 : <ERROR> [unit] The file '/def/country/estonia/ai/accord.sii' does not contain serialised units - missing magic mark.
Anybody else seeing these error tpes in their game.log.txt file?

Liechtensteins AI sii files are written in Ansi unix but Estonia, Finland and Romania are written in Hex that reads total gobbledy-gook to me!!

Code: Select all

ÎÌô+ÍË,áªæJÎ/Í+)ªŒ/)JLKËLŽON,R°RˆÏKÌMÍI-.ÖËÌKËW¨æâL+J-,MÍK®´R0âªB
Going to swap out the hex files for some Ansi alternatives and hope that fixes it.

If this has already been reported etc. etc. etc......

EDIT!! Swapping the files out with Ansi written files removed the errors from the log file.

Elmer

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2015 08:40

All of those files are perfectly fine here. I suggest you retry downloading the def file. There have been reports of it messing up due to double-click or other mysterious reasons on some browsers.

Elmer BeFuddled

15 Jan 2015 13:44

Thanks for that info LA-MJ. I shall re-download the def file and then compare the new download to the old.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2015 13:46

If it still doesn't work, please post your full game.log to www.pastebin.com and provide us the link. We need the whole game.log to help effectively.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Elmer BeFuddled

15 Jan 2015 14:35

Downloaded some new def.scs files with Palemoon, Palemoon with Add-ons disabled, Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer with no Add-ons.
All four downloads are identical to my original def.scs download, e.g., 3 countriy AI traffic files showing gobbledy-gook (to me) hex code.
A typical example being:Image
Volleybal4life wrote:If it still doesn't work, please post your full game.log to....
I would do that if I thought it was relevant VB4L, but the files appear to be getting corrupted before they get anywhere near the game.

I mean, it's nothing "major" (??) as it's just an <ERROR> warning and swapping the traffic files out with the games default ones took me at the most a minute.
I'm just curious/confused as to how/why this is happening and am I the only one?
It is the free download BTW, though that's got nothing to do with the def.scs file! ;)

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2015 14:52

Still fine with both Chrome&FF here

Perhaps you are using some sort of soffisticated downloader/firewall/etc. Or maybe it's just Palemoon. First time I hear of it tbh. The only FF fork I'd trust is Tor bundle. No comment for IE :P

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2015 15:04

There are a lot of people who complain about the mod not working when they use IE. So I recommend you to use Google Chrome of Firefox.

I recommend that for all of the Internet. IE isn't really good at using today's Internet... Can't believe Microsoft still recommends/installs it :P
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Elmer BeFuddled

15 Jan 2015 19:38

My next test is to disable all security. And if that doesn't work, well, at least I'm aware of it and know which files to swap out!! I think I quite like trying to solve any errors thrown up in my log file!
And I'm going to try it out on my vanilla game, you never know!

@ Volleybal4life. Palemoon is a 64-bit derivative of FF. There is also a 32-bit derivative. Both are a lot lighter, resource wise, than FF as they carry less "bloat". Since about v3.9 of FF I found the installs were getting bigger and bigger and it was getting slower and slower with every new version. I gave up on it.
And yes, IE is a bag of poop. I only ever use it on 2 sites when checking for new drivers. Otherwise I'd remove it if I could. My Win 7 came with IE 9 and I've always refused to update the bugger (see FF reason!!).

Elmer

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2015 23:19

You do know that it's possible to roll back any updates made to IE, right? It's also possible to d/l and install IE 9 after nuking IE 11, which really is pants...
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information