Adding to map

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
____MB___
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2013 11:04

Hi guys
1st of all i have been using your map for a week or so and great work,loving the ports esp nice to see some variations in them :)
Now i would like to add some bits in the map editor,only for my own enjoyment as im no expert i cant make models/prefabs signs etc but i do ok with the tools provided (map editor)..I would also like to update your future releases but before i start messing about with the map editor i wanted to ask.
If i add bits to the current promods in editor then update future work from you guys will i loose my work i've added?
Im guessing this would be the case so before i start anything what can i do so i can keep your work/my work and your future releases?
thanks in advance

ScuL
Founder

05 Nov 2013 12:22

Generally we do not condone additional modifications to our work outside of our project team as in the vast majority of cases such work is detrimental to the quality that we're trying to deliver.

For this reason we don't take into account compatibility with other mods. Because we work across the entire European map now it's likely that any new updates will overwrite other sectors.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

____MB___
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2013 12:38

Thanks for your reply i completely understand you dont condone modifications to your work.I don't want to modify any of your work instead i want to modify parts of the original map not touching anything you guys have done and area's where your not looking to modify in the future.For example Cornwall
This would only be for my own enjoyment as i enjoy using the map editor so anything i do wont be released to the world after all i cant make signs or models etc so it would only get flamed down but for myself thats a different matter.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2013 14:54

As long as we dont interfere with the edited sector it should be fine... there is just no simple answer...
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

____MB___
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2013 19:54

Ok thanks fella :)

unicus

06 Nov 2013 15:59

Hey Guys! Well I have to say thanks for the best ets mod EVER!!
I'm thinking about doing the same as "MB"- When I open your scs files, I can se all the files and open them. but when I try to unpack them, it is saying "ERROR: FaIild to mount the archive!" am I doing anything wrong? im using 7-zip, WinRar and scs extractor.

Thanks for your help, and again thanks for this amazing mod bro's! You have all my respect!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

06 Nov 2013 21:47

It's locked, you can't open or edit the files. Extracting won't work as well I guess.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

____MB___
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2013 10:10

Unicus hi,now im new to all this map building lark so i could be wrong,i haven't extracted all their files in fact i haven't touched them i have just edited the promods map,saved and now working from that.Other files im not to interested in at this point i guess i can create new ones to run alongside in the mod folder.Hope this helps

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information