DLC Scandinavia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
rarespetrosanu

18 Jan 2015 18:10

MandelSoft wrote:We don't know. We are no mind-readers ;)
:) but u are the masters of the best Mod for ETS2 ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czYia5evpTo

a video for Gdynia :)

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

19 Jan 2015 13:19

rarespetrosanu wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:We don't know. We are no mind-readers ;)
:) but u are the masters of the best Mod for ETS2 ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czYia5evpTo

a video for Gdynia :)
Heh... been playing with mods so long now I didn't realise Gdynia wasn't in the vanilla game. I prefer Radol's version.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

19 Jan 2015 14:14

I miss the whole of Radol's Poland TBH :( ;)
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

volan123
Donation rank:

19 Jan 2015 14:35

Vanilla ETS 2 is so boring, you really need Promods to play this game properly! :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

LoaderSaints

19 Jan 2015 18:25

True that! :)

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

19 Jan 2015 18:37

volan123 wrote:Vanilla ETS 2 is so boring, you really need Promods to play this game properly! :D
Agreed. Still, could be worse...
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

rarespetrosanu

19 Jan 2015 20:12

For me SCS begins to be a little pathetic

How to stay that much for this DLC? they will reach 1 1/2 year between the 2 DLC's ; really i don't undestand them - No news about the cities present , to hear that they will drop a city that's pretty lame , the size of the map is not even half of the original map ...

ATS should have started after the release of this European part , i don't care for America , my Europe is better in every way , the landscapes are stunning on the old continent

Ur mod is better , the big pain is that to continue playing this mod DLC S needs to be installed
I wonder now if Scandinavia will really blow our minds because for me the right plan to connect,develop the area from Germany to the north of the continent is in ur mod :)
Even u guys have made a facelift to 1/3 Germany faster than them :) and a lot of new real intersections

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

19 Jan 2015 20:53

rarespetrosanu wrote:For me SCS begins to be a little pathetic
How to stay that much for this DLC? they will reach 1 1/2 year between the 2 DLC's ; really i don't undestand them - No news about the cities present , to hear that they will drop a city that's pretty lame , the size of the map is not even half of the original map ...

ATS should have started after the release of this European part , i don't care for America , my Europe is better in every way , the landscapes are stunning on the old continent

Ur mod is better , the big pain is that to continue playing this mod DLC S needs to be installed
I wonder now if Scandinavia will really blow our minds because for me the right plan to connect,develop the area from Germany to the north of the continent is in ur mod :)
Even u guys have made a facelift to 1/3 Germany faster than them :) and a lot of new real intersections
And then they are talking about building Coach Simulator too...

Actually, I agree with you. SCS is no minor company, and ETS2 is no free game. Promods are working based on people's donations and look where they've come now! With Iceland ready soon, new bits and pieces from Slovenia and the Euromir project. All SCS have done is taken months and months to make Scandinavia, whereas if you flip the clock back a year and a half ago, Promods was at version 1.0. Now, with 1.8, go to the compatibility list to see the difference. MASSIVE!!! Also, let's not forget that, apart from the massive variety of new cities, Promods are also making little tweaks inside the standard SCS content and are adding more content themselves! Pretty sure that SCS never thought of making bicycles parked on the pavements or different architecture in the buildings. Of course, that's not to mention that Promods are REBUILDING GERMANY, WHICH IS IN THE STANDARD SCS MAP!!!

I think SCS really need to roll up their sleeves and really get to work. If they're going to do something, the might as well have a schedule about what they're going to do, how long (roughly) it will take and what is more important. 1.15 has been out since the beginning or middle of December, no news about 1.16 at all and they haven't posted anything in their blog for about 10 days, so we don't even know what they're doing. I was/am/will be always expecting better and quicker content for SCS, they're paid to do this.

Honestly, I think that from everyone who uses the Promods map, whether they've used it for a day, a week, a month, a year would like to thank the whole of the Promods team, administrators or moderators, beta testers or programmers, the lot. In my opinion at least, Promods deserve the money more than SCS itself.
A MASSIVE MASSIVE THANK YOU PROMODS TEAM!!!!!
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

19 Jan 2015 21:16

Have you read the latest blogs from SCS?

There's a lot more in the pipeline than just a DLC - ets2 will take a hyperjump into the future
Everything will change and all teams/modders will really have a hard time converting content for the new setup

Imo this image says it all

You realy should read the blogs
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Ostpuff
Developer

19 Jan 2015 21:44

I really don't see why all the hate against SCS. The game started out as an indie game from a small developer. The oldest parts of the standard map are therefor not the highest quality. But as we have seen in the Going East DLC and in the shots from the Scandinavia DLC, SCS are raising their standards all the time to make the game bigger and more realistic.

And don't you think it's better waiting and getting high quality updates instead of rushed, "bad" updates. What I really want to say is that and SCS are trying their best, I have really high hopes for the Scandinavia DLC and from the shots of it, it looks awesome. It even looks so realistic, maybe even more so than Promods.

I really think ProMods is doing a truly amazing job, don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the ProMods map (It's my favorite parts of the map), but SCS have a bigger team and therefor more assets like models. And they are working as fast as they can, there's no reason for them not to. SCS might be promising more things than they can handle but just be patient.

TL;DR Just stop the unnecessary hate against SCS and enjoy the excellent ProMods map :D
Last edited by Ostpuff on 19 Jan 2015 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information