Other Countries??

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
RadolSzczecin

06 Nov 2013 16:02

Hi all,
Are you going to modify in the future sectors of the Polish territory and border regions?

I do not know how to get in touch, so through this forum do not modify these areas.
You can fine-tune the map so that both will work.
I mean modifications Polish - "Rebuilding Poland" and "Scandinavia mod"

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

06 Nov 2013 21:46

So far we haven't planned anything there apart from the fact we edited the overlays and street lamps to fit the irl ones.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2013 21:19

@Nico - does this mean that I can use the map of RadolSzczecin and expect that it will work after you update yours?

They added e.g. ferries from Poland (Gdynia, one of the new Polish cities) to various destinations in Scandinavia. I wonder if this does not cause a conflict when you add new cities in South-East of Sweden...?

If the Polish fans kindly ask you to stay compatible with RadolSzczecin's map, will it be possible for you...? I know you are not intending to change anything to achieve compatibility with other maps, but in this case no work is required from your side, it is enough to just keep the relevant sectors unchanged...?

Irockz
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2013 01:35

Will it venture out of the preset map boundaries? Greece is cut off by the map, but I feel it's a vital part of Europe culturally and it's lack of inclusion is disappointing.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2013 06:57

@SzczepanKolaczek: we will try to keep communications with Radol open to make sure both maps keep working.

@Irockz: that's personal. As for me I don't mind that Greece isn't added. For me it's not really a part of europe.

Laarus

12 Nov 2013 10:40

If you are going to add Greece, then there is no reason that Istanbul shouldn't be added as well, since it is the main ferry connection across to the Middle East.

Personally I think Greece is a step too far in terms of area. My theory of the next expansion is that Italy and Southern Hungary will be added. I can see the argument for expansion to cover Bosnia, Serbia and Croatia, but no further. Poland will in time connect to the Project Euromir area. That should be enough to satisfy any exploration craving.

If you want to explore Greece, use TSM, but I don't want to myself....

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2013 10:42

Thank you very much for your extra efforts to keep the compatibility with Radol's map, I will now be able to use it without wondering about future compatibility.

As for Greece, I think this is a pity that you are not intending to add it.
Of course, I appreciate that this is your map, your work, your time and your idea. We get it for free and do not have any obligation to use it, so we have no right to complain or demand anything. But I think we have the right to kindly express our opinions, and I fully agree with Irockz.
It is not only a matter of history, or of Greece being a part of Europe geographically, politically (EU, NATO, etc.) and economically (I will not comment here as some people might not like this topic these days).

For me, above all other things, Greece is just a nice place to see, and reflecting the diversity of Europe is one of the greatest things about ETS2. I drove from Poland to Greece (as a tourist) a couple of times, because I just love the place as far as landscapes and beautiful roads that they have. Not easy to recreate in ETS2, probably, I appreciate that. But if you start a project saying that you will not stop until all the continent is covered, I think Greece shouldn't be left out.

We can give up Russia, Ukraine and Belorussia, as they are not in the EU (border crosisngs, customs procedures which sometimes take two weeks - all these things would have to be reflected to achieve minimum realism). We could also live without Turkey for the same reason (even though Istanbul and a part of its Western coast would be nice, just as Petersburg is, and you are adding it). But definitely not Greece with at least a couple of its islands (we will have Mallorca in Spain, wont' we...?), and I think there are more people who share my opinion. Are you there, fellas...? :-)

Just to emphasize once more: It is your project, your idea and your effort (in Poland we have a saying: "Not my circus, not my monkeys"). So far the quality of what you have done is OUTSTANDING. I am really happy Promods is there, even if there were no more updates to the map (which I hope is not the case). But the best thing about your project - at least for me - is not only the quality, but also your intention to cover the whole continent and make up for what SCS has not been able to achieve for lack of resources. And I would be incredibly happy if one day you finished 100% of what you have begun. And - again in my opinion - every European country belongs to it.

ETS2 will never be complete before we can drive from Cork to Crete or Izmir. From Trondheim to Catania. Or from Petersburg to Evora or Cadiz, for that matter. This is not a matter of the territory being to small - but incomplete.
Of course, it is not your job or any kind of obligation to do this, I am well aware of this. But you have already started, so I hope that if we encourage you a little, there will be some chance :-).

Once again, thank you for what you are doing!!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2013 11:09

Problem is with Greece that you need some countries in between.

Between Austria and Greece there are the balkans and a few wars... Just imagine the situation in Kosovo/Serbia....

Border crossings are closed alot in these regions... Im not sure how friendly all the borders around Greece are but there are still some countries with very strickt borders....

Greece is beautiful, that is true, but so is Spain, France, Italy, Ireland etc....
The more off-ETS2 points you raised:
Greece being a part of Europe geographically, politically (EU, NATO, etc.)
So are alot of countries in europe... actually as Italy being one of the founders of the EU they should have more right to be made completely if you get how I'm turning your argument here ;)
and economically (I will not comment here as some people might not like this topic these days).
* to the teacher* ME ME!! ;)

To Laarus:

No Greece and even if we would I have every reason not to make Turkey.. but for now no expansion south (in fact I think never an expansion south by promods)

And if you want to use TSM for greece you can also do this: Drive around in Italy map and pretend to be in Greece since TSM copied Italy and renamed it Greece ;)

ScuL
Founder

12 Nov 2013 11:47

Szczepan let me start by saying that I agree with you and I would prefer to include the entire continent, including Greece, but reality is that we first need to do a lot of work in order to get there and let's tackle one hurdle at a time
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

LOK330

12 Nov 2013 12:03

Which country do you add the list in version 3??? Russia, Ukraine and Belorussia , or Croatia & Slovenia????THZ

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information