DLC Scandinavia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
jontsuba
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2015 16:31

CookiePLMonster wrote:After all, if one does not own garages in ProMods cities, he could disable the mod to check out the Scandinavia DLC, roam around, then switch DLC off and ProMods back on, right? Win-win, I would say.

Also, version numbering makes perfect sense, too. What also makes sense is dev's goal to make 1.9 as polished as possible. This way people who don't feel like buying DLCs would be able to use 1.9 without having issues.
Well, they could always keep polishing that version (from time to time) and it would be the 1.9x series

CookiePLMonster

03 Feb 2015 18:37

jontsuba wrote:Well, they could always keep polishing that version (from time to time) and it would be the 1.9x series
Though that basically means branching ProMods development into two versions, and I'm pretty certain the devs said they won't do that since it doubles the work.

If I were to guess, I'd say only critical bugfixes would appear over time.
Silent

stummer
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2015 19:31

We have a very high proportion of users who already own DLC Going East.
http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3794

Once the DLC Going North is available, we will merge it with our existing Scandinavia. From this moment, you will need both DLC to use ProMods (Going East will be required for connecting e.g. Romania).

jontsuba
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2015 20:24

CookiePLMonster wrote:Though that basically means branching ProMods development into two versions, and I'm pretty certain the devs said they won't do that since it doubles the work.

If I were to guess, I'd say only critical bugfixes would appear over time.
By polishing I meant bugfixing, of course

marknemensis

04 Feb 2015 08:35

Roro44 wrote:DLC Scandinavia
Scandinavia = Sweden, Danmark, Norway
Well i don't understand what you mean by that because finland is part of scandinavia? :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_Peninsula
Over 2000 hours with ETS2 and Promods!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Feb 2015 09:14

As mentioned before, the Scandiavian Peninsula should not be confused with Scandinavia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

They are related by name, but the region borders differ.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2015 09:19

Scandinavia DLC covers prettty well :mrgreen:

Wiki wrote:The original areas inhabited (during the Bronze Age) by the peoples since known as Scandinavians included what is now Northern Germany (particularly Schleswig-Holstein), all of Denmark, southern Sweden, and the southern coast of Norway. Namesake Scania found itself in the centre.
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Memphis84

04 Feb 2015 10:16

If SCS would have done the roads in Norway till Trondheim ( the third most populous city ) the DLC had been nearly perfect IMO :) - a lot of beautiful landscapes to reach that point

craigals
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2015 13:13

SCS are due to release the Scandinavian map as part of their going north DLC, how will this affect the Scandinavian area on promods?

stummer
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2015 13:24

Has been ansered a million times here .... ProMods will merge both maps.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information