Map Expansion

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
DubLuV
Donation rank:

05 Feb 2015 22:34

Some years ? In some years i can be dead !
ProMods Language Translator

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

05 Feb 2015 22:42

The quality of ProMods is very high, everything is custom build (roadwise). So yes, it probably will take a couple of years. They work in their spare time you know?
SCS itself also take years to develop a game like this. And development is always an ongoing process.
So, again, I ask you to give the devs the time needed. The wait will be worth it.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Rocar 512E

05 Feb 2015 23:13

stummer wrote:but it's absolutely out of scale. So it would not fit into our map.
Well i think someone can improve the scale.

DubLuV
Donation rank:

05 Feb 2015 23:42

Michael Rosen wrote:
stummer wrote:but it's absolutely out of scale. So it would not fit into our map.
right
ProMods Language Translator

Glowstrontium

06 Feb 2015 01:14

That basically means rebuilding the map anyway.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

06 Feb 2015 06:38

DubLuV wrote:
Michael Rosen wrote:
right
For real dudes.. Why can't you guys read?
stummer wrote:We won't merge them - IF we expand to the east, we would build it our own.
RusMap seems to be pretty good (never tried myself), but it's absolutely out of scale. So it would not fit into our map.
And
Volleybal4life wrote:Dude... Rusmap is extremely out of scale. It is more work to combine the two then it is to rebuild it..
It's okay quality wise, but it doesn't fit the scale ProMods uses, so no.
This discussion is going nowhere.
ProMods will not add RusMap to their map, it may be okay qualitywise, but it's scale is wrong. So rebuilding is will be the same as 'rescaling it'.
You can't just say to the editor 'Tis is 1:21, I want it to be 1:19. Do it for me!' No, the editor doesn't work that way.
You will need to rebuild all of RusMap. There's no use of adding it to ProMods.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

LoaderSaints

06 Feb 2015 07:19

I have been working on Belarus for ages now though ineffectively. Luckily I can start mapping properly now as my senior high school is pretty much finished, I just have to attend a few more exams and that's it. :lol:
Please note that my work is not officially part of ProMods, at least not yet, but I hope it will be someday once I get something done. ;)
You can find a link to the Belarus topic on my signature.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

06 Feb 2015 19:59

DubLuV wrote:Some years ? In some years i can be dead !
Unless you are 66 years old like myself, I don't think you have too much to worry about... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

06 Feb 2015 20:22

I too am 60 +, and I'm planning to start learning how to use the editor and create my own map mod. That's the best way to appreciate the work involved :geek: :lol:
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

ETS2-User
Developer

07 Feb 2015 09:12

Volleybal4life wrote:You can't just say to the editor 'Tis is 1:21, I want it to be 1:19. Do it for me!' No, the editor doesn't work that way.
Actually it kinda does. You can set it in the editor settings to tell the game the scale for time and everything, but only for the whole map, not for seperate parts. So technically rusmap is in 1:19 too, only bigger :P :lol:
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information