Other Countries??

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

12 Nov 2013 12:10

We don't know yet
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2013 12:29

I fully agree that Italy (plus south-eastern Austria) should be completed before the Balkan states and Greece. I know that there are countries in between, and believe me, people do travel freely between them. My brother with his girlfriend and two other friends drove this summer from Poland through Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Albania, Kosovo and Serbia back to Poland, he came back perfetly safe, sound and happy - just like thousands of other people every year. No aggression, no thefts, no assaults, no bribes needed, decent hotels and friendliness everywhere (even though less luxuries than in Monaco, for example). I know that anything east of Vienna may appear like Afghanistan to the Wesatern nations, but believe me, the wars are over since a couple of years at least and there are many tourists from abroad in the Balkans, including Americans, Germans, etc. :-)
(sorry if I offended anyone here, had no intention to do so).

And I could not agree more that no more than one thing at a time should be dealt with. Speaking of Greece and the rest of south-eastern Europe I mean some unspecified time in the future. My only hope is that SCS does not publish ETS3 before :-).

Last not least, there are ferries from Italy (Venice, Ancona, Bari) to Greece (Igoumenitsa, Patra). I used it myself in 2001 and then again in 2005. Great holidays, both times. So there is really no need to drive through the former Yugoslavia, if one has no intention to.

So to sum up: I am not saying you should cover the whole world at once. I would just like to see the whole continent in this game ONE DAY. Definitely not soon. I just don't like the idea of excluding any parts of Europe arbitrarily, just saying "no, because no, end of story". Of course it is your project and you may consider iy complete or abandon at any stage - but let me express my opinion by saying that it would be a great pity for all the community.

soybetico

13 Nov 2013 20:18

I have an idea! When you make southern Italy, you can put San Marino and make Rome a little bigger to put the Vatican City as a destination, as well as Rome.

saldas
Donation rank:

13 Nov 2013 23:02

soybetico wrote:I have an idea! When you make southern Italy, you can put San Marino and make Rome a little bigger to put the Vatican City as a destination, as well as Rome.
I'm maybe wrong, but i just cant imagine lorry delivering load of timber, tractors, digger, cars or all these erosive, highly flammable, poisonous products to Vatican City. :lol:

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

13 Nov 2013 23:48

San Marino is OK, Vatican would be a little exaggerated, if we had Rome.

Anyway, I agree that Promods should focus on the countries they are currently working on, otherwise the project will fail. And after that, I hope that they will have enough energy, motivation and time to start filling out all the other grey spots on the map, country by country. Until all the continent is covered. That's what I hope.

Good luck guys and thank you once more!!

BULIGO

20 Nov 2013 02:28

OK, maybe this was answered elsewhere, but I was unable to find that topic. i was wandering if you guys are contacting SCS on a semi-regular basis regarding your expanding the gaming world. I think I read somewhere that SCS was/is planning the next DLC that would cover the Scandinavian region. In my oppinion, that would be a huge waste of time effort and resources, since the Scandinavian region is so well covered by your expansion?ANd I am talking about achieved high quality coverage here. What if they decide to put their next DLC in..France? And we know you put a lot of work expanding to france.Putting us players in a position where we are forced to choose between an ProMods map or SCS DLC for the same area would be..inacceptable.

ScuL
Founder

20 Nov 2013 11:41

BULIGO wrote:OK, maybe this was answered elsewhere, but I was unable to find that topic. i was wandering if you guys are contacting SCS on a semi-regular basis regarding your expanding the gaming world. I think I read somewhere that SCS was/is planning the next DLC that would cover the Scandinavian region. In my oppinion, that would be a huge waste of time effort and resources, since the Scandinavian region is so well covered by your expansion?ANd I am talking about achieved high quality coverage here. What if they decide to put their next DLC in..France? And we know you put a lot of work expanding to france.Putting us players in a position where we are forced to choose between an ProMods map or SCS DLC for the same area would be..inacceptable.
We are already on talking terms with SCS, and although I cannot confirm or deny any of the information in your message I can say as much as that SCS's plans are set in stone and they going to go ahead with their plans regardless of any modding work in existence.

Whatever they are going to do we'll make sure that our stuff remains compatible though.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

M.G.M.

21 Nov 2013 13:09

@ BULIGO: I knew this was gonna happen one day. And it is down to us to choose which way we'll go. As I said before on this forum 'I STICK TO PROMODS'. Not only because non of the devs asks 30 EUR for the map. Mainly because it is so well done that it is better than everything SCS will throw out ever. Just compare the time that took to SCS to make Going East! vs. it's quality and dimentions. Now think about ProMods Pack the same way.

One other thing - I still cannot distiguish between the different contries and regions in the vanilla SCS map (100% discovered, by the way). When it comes to ProMods Pack I barely need roadsigns or Route Advisor. It is just so well mapped that I know by the landmarks and the environment changes where I am and where I need to turn - just like real trucker. And for the records I've driven 573 447 km in total until this very minute, and about 150 000 km of all mileage is done with ProMods installed. Simple as that! I am happy that I've done enough and I've seen a lot so that now my XP can help me to make a clear choise.

Hope this answers some questions and helps a bit. Thanks for taking your time and read this.
DISCLAIMER: I know I've gone 'show off' but this was the only way to prove that I do not talk sweet nothings.

BG Greeting: Martin
Two things about ETS2 I hate - you can never hit F10 or the brakes fast enough.

M.G.M.

21 Nov 2013 13:28

This is the evidence.
ets2_00030.png
ets2_00030.png (134.09 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Two things about ETS2 I hate - you can never hit F10 or the brakes fast enough.

LOK330

22 Nov 2013 19:55

If SCS choose Scandinavia area in next DLC , I suggest SCS use Promod map 1.01 basis map, Only rebuilt city construction , add famous landmark in city ,and add Denmark & Sweden landscape, rebuilt Laerdalls tunnel construction and add blue light, and add E134 motorway in Norway, E22 Malmo - Stockholm motorway...this is vey good idea, and SCS can sell $5 euro dollars 。

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information