Development on version 1.x (Spain edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ScuL
Founder

13 Nov 2013 21:11

Yes hence why I had Portsmouth - Bilbao in the mind in the first place :) Plus we can re-use Portsmouth for shipments to Cherbourg.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

13 Nov 2013 21:28

Laarus wrote:The actual solution is, there are two routes, Portsmouth to Bilbao (On the Pride Of Bilbao, which I have been on.). The second is route is Plymouth to Santander, which I think is much more a tourist and seasonal route.

This solves your problem, since the entirely second route can basically be ignored.
Ohhh yes, the Pride of Bilbao... which I have been on... *facepalm*

Ironically, if I remember rightly, the Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry is some ridiculous amount like 3 hours shorter than the Portsmouth-Santander, which is 24 hours. I'm not quite sure why this is.
ScuL wrote:Yes hence why I had Portsmouth - Bilbao in the mind in the first place :) Plus we can re-use Portsmouth for shipments to Cherbourg.
Its great that you thought about including Portsmouth, and are hooking it up to all the ferry routes like the port that it is irl. However, just purely for informative purposes, Portsmouth is closing all its ship building facilities (BAE Systems) and the company is going elsewhere... Scotland maybe. Although ScuL I'm sure you know this already because you live in Hampshire atm ;)

What kind of ships travel between Portsmouth and Cherbourg? I'm guessing container shipments? (Obviously also massive ferries for trucks)

Laarus

13 Nov 2013 23:11

It's passenger ferries out of Portsmouth mainly....

Bilbao, Le Harvre, Cherbourg and Caen (Ouistram) are the four routes and I've been on them all.

As for the Spanish routes, the Portsmouth - Bilbao crossing is about 36 hours. You leave in the evening, spend a full day aboard and disembark early the 2nd morning.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2013 20:24

Laarus wrote: As for the Spanish routes, the Portsmouth - Bilbao crossing is about 36 hours. You leave in the evening, spend a full day aboard and disembark early the 2nd morning.
Ahhh yeah thanks, that is what I meant :)

frankyboi
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2013 23:36

Potsmouth feries also go to St Malo in France (we used to take this ferry regularly)

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

26 Nov 2013 02:17

Does the ferry also go to Brest?

soybetico

26 Nov 2013 14:02

I'll give you some tips.
When you make the Basque Country, make posters in Spanish and Basque.
In the region of Catalonia, Valencia and the Balearic Islands, make posters in Spanish and Catalan.
As the Galician and Spanish are so similar, in Galicia you can make them in Spanish only.

Here a signal in Basque (left) and Spanish (right).
And here another signal, but only in Catalan (Most traffic signs in Catalonia are illegal under Road Traffic Law, which says that all signs must be in Spanish and the official language of the Autonomous Comunity).

LOK330

03 Dec 2013 12:06

It is a long time not upload the images,It may be stop update information in Spain¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Lolsmurf

04 Dec 2013 12:54

soybetico wrote:I'll give you some tips.
When you make the Basque Country, make posters in Spanish and Basque.
In the region of Catalonia, Valencia and the Balearic Islands, make posters in Spanish and Catalan.
As the Galician and Spanish are so similar, in Galicia you can make them in Spanish only.

Here a signal in Basque (left) and Spanish (right).
And here another signal, but only in Catalan (Most traffic signs in Catalonia are illegal under Road Traffic Law, which says that all signs must be in Spanish and the official language of the Autonomous Comunity).

Nice! Yeah we have the city names and peaje in Euskatera in the basque country too. You have a site perhaps where I could find all info on basque/catalan signs ?

@LOK: Thanks for your support and very thoughtful comment, but there are people who have alot of work for school these days (exams and tests soon) so don't expect me to throw away my life and education just so you can get some updates.

I work on the map when I can, but I'm not able to update as much as I like, just because I don't have alot of time. After my exams I will be back 100% on the map.

I hope you guys understand :) School is more important than the map to me.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2013 23:25

Lolsmurf wrote:School is more important than the map to me.
That's just how it should be! Don't make me have to fly over there and give you a scolding! :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information