Time for some polishing/make over in Denmark?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
norguy

12 Nov 2013 16:43

Hi guys!

Have been following your map project for a long time, and have have been cruising on the roads of your "virtual Scandinavia" since release. I am really impressed by what you have done. Size of the map, detail level etc. is nothing else than impressing! :)

Though, when driving around, I think the danish scenery feels a little less detailed than the rest of the map. Especially when I compare it to the pictures of the new versions you are making, the danish scenery looks outdated. Sometimes it feels a bit like ETS1. I really miss those large fields most of us associate with Denmark. Fields like SCS have made here would fit perfectly in Denmark:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gS09DkFDBLg/U ... 00/004.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EfUzAYYfzEY/T ... 00/5-2.jpg

So I wonder, could it be time for a little makeover of Denmark? I guess that since it was the first country you made, it is a little less detailed than the others. Perhaps if you polish it a bit, it would get the same detail level as the new countries? :)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2013 17:03

We are busy polishing it... same counts for Sweden.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

norguy

12 Nov 2013 19:39

Yes, I saw the new signs and traffic lights, but are you updating the scenery too? Adding big fields like the ones I posted, and removing trees and forests? Thats the most important thing to fix in my opinion. :)

I think its in the landscape you will find the biggest differences in Scandinavia. Your version of Norway really does looks norwegian, with all the hills and mountains. Denmark on the other side, really isnt looking danish with all those trees - and the lack of cornfields.

thank you for replying!

LOK330

14 Nov 2013 09:03

norguy wrote:Yes, I saw the new signs and traffic lights, but are you updating the scenery too? Adding big fields like the ones I posted, and removing trees and forests? Thats the most important thing to fix in my opinion. :)

I think its in the landscape you will find the biggest differences in Scandinavia. Your version of Norway really does looks norwegian, with all the hills and mountains. Denmark on the other side, really isnt looking danish with all those trees - and the lack of cornfields.

thank you for replying!
Yes, I support for you ;) ;)

norguy

16 Nov 2013 00:15

I saw the new pictures MandelSoft posted in the other thread:
MandelSoft wrote:Back to the subject of real map improvements...
Scenery reconstruction at the eastern end of the Størebeltbron...

Before:

After:

Best,
Maarten
This is what I call change! Fantastic! :D Looks so much better now. If this kind of landscape is implemented to all of Denmark, it will look very, very real.

Keep up the good work!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information