Driving Styles in game

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 17:34

Sorry for posting so much at once, but I thought this would be an interesting topic to bring here...

Describe how you drive in ETS 2.... Are you aggressive or careful? Do you consider stopping for rest as soon as you get tired, or get the pedal down and push to the next stop? Do you have patience when parking, or shunt around a lot quickly? :D

So yeah, I just thought it would be interesting to find out how others play, and if there is a reason for it.

For me, personally, I play with keyboard (will be getting an Xbox controller soon though), so it's hard to not hit stuff occasionally, I usually end up paying 1-8% damage bills after some jobs. I try and be careful when I can, unless I am late or impatient when I will try and force through before the lights go red etc :oops: Generally, my parking skills could do with some work, however, I find it near impossible to fail if you just gently stroke the throttle at about 1mph lol. Again, this is quite hard to do with keyboard.

I'm interested to know your opinions on your own skills etc ;)

ScuL
Founder

15 Nov 2013 17:38

I'm always in a hurry to test the map territory as quickly as I can so usually I drive with a no damage & speed limiter + turbo booster mod.

I go through all red lights and never give way and peak at about 180km/h / 112mp/h on the straights..

Don't encounter me in game :D
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 17:54

When I'm driving, and keep in mind I barely drive, I do it the proper way. So a Driving Force GT steering and Fraps recording so I can post it on youtube.

My profiles are mostly called basiygah and have 0km and lvl 0 since I often create new ones for testing purposes :D
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 18:42

ScuL wrote:I'm always in a hurry to test the map territory as quickly as I can so usually I drive with a no damage & speed limiter + turbo booster mod.

I go through all red lights and never give way and peak at about 180km/h / 112mp/h on the straights..

Don't encounter me in game :D
Haha lol that must be fun though :lol: If we ever get a multiplayer mode like that I'll try not to :P
Nico wrote:When I'm driving, and keep in mind I barely drive, I do it the proper way. So a Driving Force GT steering and Fraps recording so I can post it on youtube.

My profiles are mostly called basiygah and have 0km and lvl 0 since I often create new ones for testing purposes :D
Yeah, that's true... I have 3 profiles but only use 1 atm, the other 2 are for random exploration and mod testing. Why the name basiygah? Any reason?

Slatkus
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 18:59

I am driving same like I am in a real world. Trying to follow the rules, use indicators, trying to rest on time, using limiter. I have Logitech G27 wheel so it is not a problem to drive without hitting somebody. Most of my deliveries have 0 demage.

Myquandro

15 Nov 2013 19:31

I don't use the limiter, but I'm trying to drive as realistic as possible. I always stick to 80 to 85 kph (only faster when going downhill sometimes) and I try to drive as fuel efficient as possible (75% throttle, early shifting, almost no braking, etc.) and I always park my trailer myself carefully.
Last edited by Myquandro on 15 Nov 2013 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

15 Nov 2013 19:59

When I drive, I use the good ol' keyboard. It's not the best device, but it does the job... kinda...

And yes, I am not that careful in ETS2 (partially because of my controller), but fortunately, I'm a patient driver in real life :D

Also, 90 km/h feels slow. I like driving 110 with my truck. That's a speed that's less slow, but I still have full control over my truck. If I go faster, it over-steers.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 21:17

Slatkus wrote:I am driving same like I am in a real world. Trying to follow the rules, use indicators, trying to rest on time, using limiter. I have Logitech G27 wheel so it is not a problem to drive without hitting somebody. Most of my deliveries have 0 demage.
Nice, I would do this if I had a G27 :P And yes, damage costs a fortune on a new FH16 700 :cry: Keyboard is too vague... You can't avoid accidents until it's too late, and braking is either way too hard so you lose all momentum or too slight so you crash into the idiot AI in front.
Myquandro wrote:I don't use the limiter, but I'm trying to drive as realistic as possible. I always stick to 80 to 85 kph (only faster when going downhill sometimes) and I try to drive as fuel efficient as possible (75% throttle, early shifting, almost no braking, etc.) and I always park my trailer myself carefully.
Yeah... again, nice and realistic, I've always been confused about how people use only 50-75% throttle when the truck seems like it struggles to get to 50mph. Now I guess I know :D I am gradually improving my parking skills lol.
MandelSoft wrote:When I drive, I use the good ol' keyboard. It's not the best device, but it does the job... kinda...

And yes, I am not that careful in ETS2 (partially because of my controller), but fortunately, I'm a patient driver in real life :D

Also, 90 km/h feels slow. I like driving 110 with my truck. That's a speed that's less slow, but I still have full control over my truck. If I go faster, it over-steers.
Oh ok.... You can't be using physics mods, or at least maybe different ones to me, because some trucks for me decide to lose control at about 70k's (43 mph) :lol: Impossible to control a slide with keyboard.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

16 Nov 2013 10:42

Why the name basiygah? Any reason?
Just hitting the keyboard randomly (agkashbk is another account :P )
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Moh1336

17 Nov 2013 11:08

Maybe it's because I am of that older generation growing up with Spectrums, but I find driving with the keyboard very easy. Easier than using my 360 controller, though I really do want a new wheel at some point.

Driving style really depends on my mood. Sometimes I am more aggressive than others, though always cautious around the AI where roads/lanes merge or crossings.

Generally I will limit my self to 90k on motorways, 80k or dual carriage ways and 70k on single roads or otherwise follow the road speed limit.

I always try to correctly time the driving hours to I don't go over, though it is hard with so little parking options in this game. I also will often stop for the 45min breaks every 4hrs so long as I am confident I won't run out of time to deliver the loads.

I rarely have damage on my vehicle caused by my own carelessness, though do sometimes get caught out by dodgy AI and the occasional road glitch that gives you damage for no apparent reason. At worst I usually finish with 2% damage, normally 0%.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information