Font Issues

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
hvc23

18 Feb 2015 18:36

I tried looking around the forums to see if anyone has had this issue but was unable to find anything. So, last week I returned to ETS 2 after a year absence. The absence was not by choice but to make a long story short, the computer I had during that time had made gaming impossible.

The first few days everything was running great. I'd downloaded ProMods and a couple of others and wasn't having any issues. However, about 2 days ago I decided to try a truck mod. I'd never done that before but I downloaded the Kenworth T800 mod. The font issues started. It seemed that the Kenworth mod was the problem so I disabled it but still had the problem. I deleted it from the mods folder but that changed nothing. I then disabled all mods but ProMods and the issue persisted. Then with all mods disabled the problem disappeared.

I created a new profile only using the mods I'd been using a few days prior. That worked for about 1 trip and then the problem returned.

The only step that I can think of that I haven't tried would be uninstalling the game and starting from scratch and see what happens. However, I was hoping to not have to do that so I thought I'd post here and see if anyone had any ideas on what may be going on and if there is anything I can do to fix it.

Here is a screenshot of the problem.

I get this once I click on Quick Job or Freight Market. When it does this it affects every screen and in game itself on the GPS.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

ZelvaCZ

18 Feb 2015 18:51

Are you running the game in OpenGL mode? There were issues like this, and running in DirectX mode instead of OpenGL helped to solve the problem.

hvc23

18 Feb 2015 19:18

Thanks! I had bought the game on Steam ages ago and when I installed it on this computer I had it create a Desktop shortcut and I had been using that. On your suggestion, I went into Steam and forced it to launch with DirectX and the problem is gone. I tried the old and new profile and both looked good.

I work from home so, while I can hop in and cap a screenshot, I don't have the time right now to actually do a run to see if it pops back up. This evening I'll try a couple of runs and if it's okay I'll post an update.

Thanks again for your help! Saved me a lot of trouble and lost data.

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

18 Feb 2015 19:20

No problem! I hope the game runs smoothly from now on ;)
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

hvc23

19 Feb 2015 03:13

That does appear to have fixed the issue. Thanks again for your help.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2015 07:20

You're welcome! Happy trucking! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Jan Verschueren on 19 Feb 2015 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed smiley
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information