Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Carlo
Donation rank:

22 Mar 2015 12:03

Schumi554 wrote:In my opinion: Just like Germany has the A(utobahn) RP, Italy needs its own ARP (the Autostrada Redevelopment Project)
Maybe, but I think Italy does not have enough Vanilla-Roads to classify it as a seperate Project. ;)

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

23 Mar 2015 19:08

I think all roads by SCS should be re-built eventually, as they are so boring. I have to avoid them and spend all my time on ProMods. Well, there are worse compromises in life, aren't there? ;)

Memphis84

23 Mar 2015 19:32

uk_daf_fan wrote:I think all roads by SCS should be re-built eventually, as they are so boring. I have to avoid them and spend all my time on ProMods. Well, there are worse compromises in life, aren't there? ;)
The new roads in DLC Scandinavia aren't the same , so boring like in the standard map
In the DLC East the roads are better and u drive for pure pleasure :) - my feeling is different in that area

And YES the roads need a major facelift in the standard map

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

23 Mar 2015 19:38

Yeah, both DLCs are ten times better than the original map ;).

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 Mar 2015 10:37

uk_daf_fan wrote:I think all roads by SCS should be re-built eventually, as they are so boring.
Not all of them. From all countries SCS did build, Switzerland is the one that's represented the best in the vanilla game. We only needed to make little changes there, but the rest seems to be represented very decently. I always enjoy driving there.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

24 Mar 2015 10:42

MandelSoft wrote:
uk_daf_fan wrote:I think all roads by SCS should be re-built eventually, as they are so boring.
Not all of them. From all countries SCS did build, Switzerland is the one that's represented the best in the vanilla game. We only needed to make little changes there, but the rest seems to be represented very decently. I always enjoy driving there.
I think they've done a great job in the DLC bits of Poland. There are more details there too.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Superdavecan

24 Mar 2015 22:38

Jan Verschueren wrote:
Check out what's being done/considered in this post. http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2056

As for what goes into the mod: it depends on many factors and is influenced by limitations imposed by the game/already finished sections. User feedback and pleading generally don't weigh heavily on the decision, although there have been instances where developers have been swayed by good arguments in the concept stage.
I know it's a long way from actual development because it would be the last part of Italy to get built, but here I'm transferring what I wrote about Sicily in an older topic to the new Italy topic. It is a solid argument that would be downright foolish to ignore. As per the post I referenced, I agree with the rest of the plan, but honestly the plan at this stage for Sicily is rubbish. :P They had Messina, Trapani and Pozzallo, but completely missed Palermo and Catania. And I'm sorry, but Palermo and Catania are the two largest and most important cities on the island of Sicily... there is no reasonable justification whatsoever for omitting them. :P

So here we are, in detail:

:!: Developers working on Italy, please take note for when you get to the south! This is the best serious advice you will ever get on this topic. :idea:

Messina: should be there as planned
Trapani: necessary as a ferry terminal at least, to connect with Cagliari on Sardinia, apart from that not particularly useful. Palermo is the much bigger and more important nearby city, which will have more jobs.
Pozzallo: only useful as a ferry terminal, if you intend to build a ferry connection to Valletta, Malta. Otherwise no reason for it to be there. If Catania is too close to Messina, take an artistic liberty and move it further south, like Malmö was placed further away from Copenhagen than it really is.
Palermo: the largest and most important city on Sicily, and in fact the capital of the region. Cannot be skipped.
Catania: the largest and most important city in eastern Sicily, a major hub which will generate a lot of jobs. Cannot be skipped.

I know that at the moment development on Italy is not even close to Sicily, and plans constantly change... but please, take this advice about Sicily into consideration because the current plan for Sicily is, honestly, poorly thought through.

The plan for the rest of Italy looks much better though... although instead of building Rimini I would skip it and build the small country of San Marino instead (but that's mostly because I'm a big fan of the small countries).

Thank you. :)

ScuL
Founder

25 Mar 2015 01:27

We appreciate your comments but please re-post them in 2017 because Sicily is a long, long way off..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

25 Mar 2015 12:05

Also, the further away a location is from current developments, the more subject to change the plans in that location are. We will review our plans once we reach Sicily.

People tend to think that our plans are written in stone, while in fact, all these plans are very, VERY subject to change.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2015 18:45

MandelSoft wrote:
Indeed, I wasn't really thinking about all the countries when I posted that. I haven't really driven there much, but you're right in saying Switzerland is quite well represented. The only countries I would like to see re-worked fully are France, Italy, the UK and Luxembourg when you discount the ARP and the changes made to Belgium.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information