Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Kiddynamite

23 Mar 2015 22:22

So it looks like it goes fast when you forward

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2015 09:19

Last summer, I took a road trip through Germany (Koln-Munich-Frankfurt-Berlin-the Netherlands). What I'm seeing of Frankfurt looks very realistic, the screenshot of Munich as well.

I've got one piece of advise: The road from Koln to Munich had some 'mountain' passes on the route. Might be worth looking at.

If you need any more feedback,please don't hesitate to ask. I don't have any pictures of that trip (I don't like taking pictures during holidays), but I do remember a lot of it very vividly.

And of course, keep up the great work! :D

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2015 12:45

jdenm8 wrote:Oh come on, give that poor Dragon a little love.

This took me a quick 45 Minutes in Photoshop.
Well 45 minutes for one sign is too much for us but if you want to make a couple more I could add them ingame. Maybe M4rkus can select a couple of them.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

24 Mar 2015 12:52

45 Minutes is too long considering you could be mapping instead.

I fixed up the Drachenfels one. IMO, it's much better now.

Send me a wishlist and I'll see what I can do. Any constraints regarding sign dimensions or image resolutions? Even better is if I could have a UV Map, then I could just send you the DDS ready to drop in.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

M4rkus

24 Mar 2015 14:37

I can select some of those that I would like to include. How many would you be willing to make?

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

24 Mar 2015 17:49

Maybe start with about Five. The better the picture, the faster I should be able to do it too. I'd want them run past Niko or someone first to make sure they'd actually be used too.

Drachenfels only really took so long because I haven't done most of this stuff in a year or two. On the other hand, its design is pretty simple.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

M4rkus

24 Mar 2015 17:59

Great, I started with an extensive list of about thirty neatly ordered and then closed the window so the message got deleted :/

NOTES:
Now I have reconstructed it. Well, it is a bit more than five ... but it's just a compilation of info and no need to get stressed by that extensive list. I don't ask anybody to make all these signs. They are relatively mixed, so make those you like most and stop whenever you want to.
It might be a bit biased by my experiences, preferences and sources. South West of Germany might be not sufficiently representated with that list: I have not found what I consider the most important landscapes there. Anyhow, I hope I managed to get it balanced more or less.

Also, it's more about regions and not so much landmarks. If there are certain landmarks (like castles) built in-game correspondings signs might be included, if wanted.

1. Eifel
2. Lüneburger Heide
3. Mecklenburgische Seenplatte
4. Frankenalb
5. Chiemgau
6. Sauerland
7. Fichtelgebirge
8. Rheinhessen
9. Niederlausitz (bilingual)
10. Oberlausitz (bilingual, missing Sorabic text: Hornja Łužica)
11. Erzgebirge (low quality)
16. Fränkisches Seenland

---
Don't know if free to use (asked the author but no reply yet):
12. Ostfriesland
13. Nordfriesland (bilingual)
14. Insel Rügen
15. Havelland

---
Cities that are in-game or planned
101. Dresden
102. Rostock
103. Flensburg - license not clear!
104. Stralsund - license not clear!

Cities that are not planned but could be scenery cities
201. Braunschweig
202. Potsdam
203. Schwerin - license not clear!
204. Weimar
205. Chemnitz (low quality)
206. Lübeck - license not clear!
207. Gießen

Signs I'd like to have but not found:
Hochschwarzwald, Teutoburger Wald, Ostallgäu, Harz, Spreewald, Romantisches Franken, Bayerischer Wald

And my personal wish (as many have personal wishes) is Bautzen, because it is the town I'm close to ... Well, and apart from that, it's visible from A4 (even vanilla game) and bilingual ...
301. Bautzen

Already simplified ones:
Niederschlesien - the one at the Autobahn says "Oberlausitz-Niederschlesien". (Wikipedia)
Rheinland probably free to use, perhaps to small
Deutsche Weinstraße
Vogtland - don't know if free to use
Last edited by M4rkus on 24 Mar 2015 21:23, edited 25 times in total.

M95

24 Mar 2015 18:22

I'm trying to make munich a bit different than other cities. For those who are wondering if the Mittlerer Ring and the Innerring will be represented, I'm sorry the answer is mainly no (of course the points where the autobahn is connected to the city are a bit like the Mittlerer Ring but not really).
A city is more like just an industrial zone where you can drop your load.

Since I heard a few people saying here that their home garage is in München I wanted to make that area feel a bit more like home. Well, just look since it is hard to explain what I mean.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

24 Mar 2015 19:12

Wow! That looks quite good! My home garage is Berlin and I hope that I can see something like that!
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

volan123
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2015 19:28

Looks quite homey! Impressive work! :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information