Trouble extracting free version

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
FunkyPheasant

29 Mar 2015 22:59

I'm having trouble extracting the free version of the mod on Ubuntu 14.10

It seems the .scs files don't want to merge properly. I would appreciate any help.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

30 Mar 2015 00:57

The scs files don't need to be merged. Your browser generates the prodmods-def-v191.scs file, which can be used as is.

The 4 part archive needs to be extracted. To do so, place all parts in the same folder and only open part1. Your extraction program should recombine the archive and allow you to extract the promods-map-v191.scs and promods-v191.scs (resource file).

I don't know where ETS2 stores its savegames and profiles on Linux (guessing \\usr\...\Euro Truck Simulator 2\? -would be usefull to know if someone could post this) , but there you should also have a "mod" folder you can move the 3 ProMods files to (def, map and resource). Enable them on your profile in the game and Bob should be your proverbial uncle.
The main thing is not to try and extract parts 2, 3 and 4 of the archive seperately.

And make sure you read up on the issues you may encounter using ProMods in OpenGL mode on the Bug reports forum!!
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

FunkyPheasant

30 Mar 2015 17:35

Thanks very much for your help, I guess I was just a little confused.

Oh and on Linux (Ubuntu specifically) the Euro Truck mod folder is located in Home/.local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod

I will make sure I post any issues I have with OpenGL too!

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

30 Mar 2015 17:53

FunkyPheasant wrote:Thanks very much for your help, I guess I was just a little confused.

Oh and on Linux (Ubuntu specifically) the Euro Truck mod folder is located in Home/.local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod

I will make sure I post any issues I have with OpenGL too!
See the OpenGL topic

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information