Benelux Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

24 Apr 2015 16:18

Fantastic plan! Looks awesome!
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

volan123
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2015 16:22

I love what you're doing with Benelux! Keep it up and great work Mandelsoft! :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 Apr 2015 16:26

Punkii wrote:you will insert gent
As I stated many times before, there is not enough space to implement it properly, just like Utrecht and Den Haag.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Bisinus
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2015 17:49

But when the scandinavia DLC is released, will there be time to work on the other projects or is there only time to make the DLC compatible with PM?
By the way awesome plan :D
ProMods+Rusmap 8-)
Enjoying this Experience since Promods 1.71 and Rusmap 1.4.8
Deutsch🇩🇪 English🇬🇧 עברית🇮🇱
little 🇷🇺 and 🇮🇹

ZelvaCZ

24 Apr 2015 18:14

Well, not a lot of people can work in one area at once, because our work is not synchronized in live time and everybody works in his "own" sector - a sector is about 80x80 km large. That means if two people would build things in the same sector, one would overwrite the other's work. Maybe some projects can be slowed down a bit, but not all.

adgjl
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2015 19:05

Damn, this is a cool plan. So many motorways means loads of custom intersections :D and good to see about the "scenic route" through the Delta Works, I'm especially looking forward to that as I've been there in the past!
Bugs are love, bugs are life

Superdavecan

25 Apr 2015 10:45

I checked out the plan at http://blog.promods.net/2015/04/the-ben ... mods-team/. I really like the new plan for the map! :D Looks great. Lovely signs too, just after the new plan :)

I'm especially happy that both Amsterdam and Brussels are getting complete rebuilds. It'll make them so much more realistic. I'll especially enjoy the Amsterdam rebuild, I'm sure, since it's the city I live in... it'll be so much more pleasant to drive!

One thing I've wondered though about Brussels... although it is officially bilingual, it really is mostly French-speaking by quite a large margin (something like 80% French, 20% Dutch). I'm wondering whether in the rebuilt Brussels, the name of the city should be changed from Brussel to Bruxelles? Although both names are correct for the city, I'm just thinking that since it's mostly French-speaking, perhaps the French name should be used in the game. Thoughts anyone?

Roytje2803
Donation rank:

25 Apr 2015 10:48

Or you can make double languague signs so it shows the flamish and the french name? That in my opinion would look better. And they also use that IRL.

Superdavecan

25 Apr 2015 10:55

Roytje2803 wrote:Or you can make double languague signs so it shows the flamish and the french name? That in my opinion would look better. And they also use that IRL.
Indeed, the signs around Brussels should be bilingual... well, anything within the Brussels Capital Region, anyway. Having said that though, in real life a large part of the ring is in Flanders so the signs should only be in Dutch in those parts. The border is quite intricate so probably not possible to replicate the real-life situation... so what I would propose is taking an artistic liberty and making all the signs on the ring and in the city bilingual, but anything outside the ring should be one or the other. And as I mentioned, since Brussels is mostly French-speaking by quite a large margin, I propose that the city name in the game be changed from Brussel to Bruxelles. (Although you can put anything you want on the signs, you can only assign one name to a city in the game.)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

25 Apr 2015 11:38

Actually, both names are used in Brussels. Officially, there is no main language in Brussels. By looking at the place name sign, things are not getting any easier:
http://www.google.nl/maps/@50.871094,4. ... !2e0?hl=nl

There is no simple solution for this since both names are equally correct.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information