[HOTFIX][1.91] Promods Lighting System, reworked

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
DubLuV
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2015 16:45

So which part will have big percent in a city... DLC Scandinavia, or your new build ?
ProMods Language Translator

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

28 Apr 2015 20:39

I think we take most cities from the DLC, because most cities from the DLC are better than our versions. There are only a few exceptions:

- Jutland: we miss a lot of cities there. We will merge our work there
- København: the DLC version does look nice, but it doesn't look like København. It misses typical aspects. It also has only one connection to the rest of the world.
- Linköping: SAAB needs to be added back in and that bridge needs to be removed. The Egg (that big roundabout interchange) needs to come back too, as in SCS's Linköping, you only see a standard interchange.
- Stockholm: we spent a lot of effort on that. The size of SCS's Stockholm is a tad disappointing.

As for merging two versions of the same city: theoretically possible, but practically the effort of combining the two sceneries often costs more work than starting over again and rebuild.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

DubLuV
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2015 11:38

Wow. Thank you so much for this detailed answer !
ProMods Language Translator

La_FuAzz

30 Apr 2015 15:18

There are no AI trucks when I activate this mod. Maybe it's a conflict between this mod and another mod. Didn't check it on a vanilla game + ProMods + PM Lightning System.
ImageImage

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

30 Apr 2015 15:24

La_FuAzz wrote:There are no AI trucks when I activate this mod. Maybe it's a conflict between this mod and another mod. Didn't check it on a vanilla game + ProMods + PM Lightning System.
This shouldn't interfere with AI vehicles, only lights. In my opinion, it's definitely another mod.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

La_FuAzz

30 Apr 2015 15:36

I spend the last two hours to find the evil mod and this is the only mod which causes the problem.
ImageImage

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

30 Apr 2015 15:40

It's a mod conflict either promods or the other mod (s) have to go
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

pierrot71

01 May 2015 16:29

:roll: the definitions of "material mat" beings are corrected

material: "eut2.lightmap.night" {material : "eut2.dif.lum" {
material: "eut2.building.day" {

ron_Lq

04 May 2015 19:20

Guys, do not work with Lightning System, really! Work with map, let others do Weather and Lightning. These pictures you've given are ugly as hell. Please! Your work is GREAT, but... Really :)

grammar mistake: Lightning
Last edited by ron_Lq on 04 May 2015 21:42, edited 2 times in total.

lumentulo

04 May 2015 20:12

ron_Lq, no idea, I've just had a drive* and I have nothing to say against the reworked lighting system.

*The drive was on the unpromodsed part of the map (from Wrocław to Lublin) but was split because of need to sleep, so I watched both night and day.
Languages: RU, EN, DE, PL.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information