DLC Scandinavia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
gippermand

08 May 2015 05:38

Hey to all

Can someone tell me, when i can mix Promods with update 1.17 and DLC Scandinavia.

I ask because after i have install DLC sc, yeah i find out that ProMods dont Work anymore

Regards
Med Venlig Hilsen / Regards
Per

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

08 May 2015 06:44

Within a month I assume
Read the last couple of pages, thanks
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

08 May 2015 06:57

Gazer75 wrote:I know nothing about modeling doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on a model others made.
Please create a new thread/topic in Board index ‹ ProMods ETS2 Pack ‹ Questions & Feedback
Similar to Research for Faroe Islands

If Promods is to improve on tunnels in Norway proper documentation is needed, not just images but location, suggestions to improvement, comparisons bit by bit, the more the better

Things you need to consider:
-------------------------------------------------
Tunnels i ETS2 is made of sections 5 or 15 meter long and will be repetitive
Curved tunnels can benefit from 5 m sections making the curve more smooth (a property on the road configuration)
Detailing and poly count needs to be as low as possible

Ask if in doubt, thanks
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

08 May 2015 14:41

plykkegaard wrote:Within a month I assume
That's for the hotfix. For ProMods to merge their work into the DLC will take around six months.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Ostpuff
Developer

08 May 2015 15:01

Gazer75 wrote:Making the tunnel assets could have been done properly. Whats the point of making a new asset as defining as the tunnels if they are not done right?
They might not be perfect but they are not that inaccurate. Before there was no rocky tunnel model at all, but with the DLC they added one. Sure it can be improved, but it's not that bad, at least they didn't use any concrete tunnel models for these tunnels. Replicating real-life things in games can be really hard if you want it too look 100% authentic. Even simple things as rocks and trees. Look at rocks or trees in other games and you'll see a lot of them does not look like they do IRL. For example; I don't like the SCS spruce trees in the game but they are good enough.

And finally I really think it's dumb saying SCS were lazy because they didn't make one tunnel model entirely perfect, when they've made over a thousand new models, all of them good and detailed. Blind praise might be stupid but blind hate over such a small error in the DLC is even worse.

They can't make everything perfect and neither can they satisfy everyone.

EDIT: 100th post! :D
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Memphis84

09 May 2015 20:00

Can one of the developers tell me or us why Arhus was dropped?

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

09 May 2015 20:05

You'll have to ask SCS for that. But ProMods will put it back.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Gazer75
Donation rank:

10 May 2015 21:38

Did a small trip last night to show some tunnels in Norway. I'll admit there are more tunnel side markers than I thought. Guess I am so used to driving tunnels I never notice them :) Though modern tunnels barely have any these days. Maybe at start and end of tunnel.

Recorded it quite late. Think it was after 21:30. But it helps when driving in and out of tunnels. GoPro do not like the changing lights going in and out of tunnels during broad daylight.

https://youtu.be/wTB8VclyPg0

First tunnel opened late 2013. The rest of them I believe around 1991.
Check the sunset at 4:30
2nd tunnel is at 11:05
3rd at 17:20 and after that they are more frequent.

The orange lights used in tunnels the past 20-30 years are slowly being replaced with white lights when they do major service.

B-7
Donation rank:

11 May 2015 02:22

I know the question might seem stupid, but where are those two container ports? Thank you in advance.
P.S. Sorry for asking here, found the Q&A topic just after posting.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

11 May 2015 12:29

I'll PM you just in case someone considers it a spoiler (there's an achievement at stake ;)) . But if you think there's no problems telling it, just say it and I'll say it also here.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information