Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MIRFI
Donation rank:

10 May 2015 19:09

@edytexas Oh, there still is work to do on the map and lots of it on the roads linking the cities, mate.. ;) But indeed, every day brings us closer to Romania and Moldova.

@Michael Glad I got your thumbs up, mate! ;)

Rigelmeister

11 May 2015 00:09

MIRFI, as you stated that there will be one city from Bulgaria, is it possible that you go further for Turkey? I wish I knew how to do this modding stuff, or someone else from Turkey, but it seems that none of us can do it; so we will have to wait for someone out of Turkey... Still, if you like, it shouldn't be hard for landscape with Google or Yandex maps, I guess.

Anyway, do you have any plans for it following this edition? Of course, Turkey is not priority as it's in the far end of Europe, most of the country being outside EU area, but still it's a big country with MANY trucks. :lol: Starting with Edirne as it's the border city, some could be added like Istanbul, Bursa, Izmir, Adana, Ankara and such. I'd also recommend going for Kocaeli where I live, since it's an industrial zone.

You have done a wonderful job so far and thanks for that! My PC skills are so bad that I can't even properly mod the game but if I could help you in any way in case you decide to add Turkey, I would be glad to do so. :)

martinusK

11 May 2015 07:29

Not a dev but Turkey reaching Turkey will take some time :)
Although yes, there would be a connection through Romania and Bulgaria, it would be quite derpy to take such detours :)
So, i believe first the other Balkan countries will be finished, and then Turkey :)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

MistahDave
Donation rank:

11 May 2015 08:17

That's nor derpy to go through Romania and Bulgaria for Turkey. It's easier to stay in the EU on motorways than to go through the Balkan states, getting held up at every border and dipping in and out of the EU constantly. Though Balkans offer a more senic drive.

MIRFI
Donation rank:

11 May 2015 09:57

Indeed Dave, lots of truckers IRL prefer the Hungary - Romania - Bulgaria route when going to Turkey, although the Hungary - Serbia - Bulgaria one is not bad eighter. ;)

As for the development towards Turkey, that's fits my LONG LONG term development plan. :lol: But so far from now that I don't see yet when I will reach it.. :lol: But hopefully one day. My intentions are to reach Istambul someday, but unfortunately I don't think I will build on the Asian part of Turkey.

I don't have much expertise when it comes to Balkanic ex-Yugoslav countries like Bosnia, Macedonia, Montenegro and not much even on Serbia, so as for long term plans (I repeat, LONG), going south of Romania towards Bulgaria and Turkey is my intention. ;)

TRB5991
Donation rank:

11 May 2015 10:51

Oh wow you're planning for Turkey in the long term plan! This map will be huge! I would love it if you did one day start to develop Turkey, although like you said I don't think building the Asian part of Turkey would be beneficial as this is still EURO Truck :lol: Perhaps going no further East than Ankara? Who knows that will be up to you to decide as and when you get there.

Anyway back on topic: Romania is coming along really well, I look forward to one day driving along this amazing part of the ProMods map.

martinusK

11 May 2015 12:36

MistahDave wrote:That's nor derpy to go through Romania and Bulgaria for Turkey.
I meant if you were to come from a place such as Southern Italy. If only Romania, Bulgaria and then Turkey are done (aka no Greece), there would be no ferry connection between southern Italy and the Balkan, meaning you
would have to take a detour of about 2000km around the Adriatic Sea. ;)

But great to hear that Turkey is a (looooong term) plan. :)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

MIRFI
Donation rank:

11 May 2015 15:59

Taking that long detour you're talking about, Martinus, it's not such an uncommon site for truckers in real life. ;) I know a relative of mine that traveled with his MAN TGX from Rome (Italy) to Varna (Bulgaria) and he took the ITALY - SLOVENIA - HUNGARY - ROMANIA - BULGARIA route. In real life you usually tend to avoid ferries.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

11 May 2015 16:02

Actually MIRFI is right. Truckers do avoid ferries, unless they have to use it (e.g.: an island). I think it's because they are too costly for truckers.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Horizon™
Developer

11 May 2015 16:20

Off-Topic,yeah detour is necessary sometimes for ex: Going from Lithuania to Ukraine,you do detour through Poland to overtake the Belarus.Simple....
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information