My realistic number plate mod

Other mods that don't fit in any other category
User avatar
tkk7406
Add-on Developer
Posts: 2679
Joined: 07 Apr 2014 15:02
Location: Nottingham, East Midlands

25 May 2015 08:00

Hello everybody!

A couple of months ago I had a small problem with the map not stretching to Finland and I asked the forum. cashtime2013 very kindly helped me out by saying that I'll need a mod that will "reset" the limit of the map. And then I stumbled on some files for the number plates in the game and I thought "Why not change those to make it look more realistic?".

And that's how this started. I remembered that firstly the UK needed more numbers, and especially if one has got the Jazzycat AI Traffic pack, it would be more realistic. So I added all the numbers (from 51 - 15) and every truck you buy has a 15 plate on it. Then I also noticed that Italy needed some tweaking, so I changed the AI's range from BA 123 AB - EX 123 AB and if you buy a truck it will have a ET - EX plate. That's all I've done so far, although I'm planning to change the number plate template for some countries and to tweak Germany's number plate.

Now there has been only one problem: I can't choose which cars can have which numberplate; it's all random by the game. So you may see a brand new car with a old plate and the opposite. This is something very difficult (at least for me) to crack. Also, a few months ago, I was thinking that in this mod I'd add a feature that keeps your original number plate when you change slots in the garage, instead of changing it. These two features are very difficult to add. And because I'm always looking around these files, and also because I want to know what you guys think of this idea, I haven't released this mod yet.

Now, some images (these are from the UK only, I forgot to take some pictures from Italy):

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

So what do you think? Is there any country that you think needs fixing as far as number plates are concerned? Would you like to have such a mod?

@Vladzz-G: Since you've got some fixes, maybe we can do something together about this?
Last edited by tkk7406 on 25 May 2015 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Image

Image

Andy_GTI
Posts: 225
Joined: 13 Aug 2013 09:05
Donation rank:
Location: North East

25 May 2015 08:32

It's a great idea in principle and thank you for putting the time and effort into this, but I'd find it slightly unrealistic seeing for example a mk5 golf (2004-2009 I think) with '15' plates on it. Like you say it's a shame the game engine won't allow you to define plates to certain cars.

User avatar
KubaJAM
Posts: 2285
Joined: 10 Oct 2013 18:42
Donation rank:
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom

25 May 2015 10:30

This can be solved by altering the range to '53-10' as this would cater for nearly all AI car types realistically ;). It's not realistic to have a 15 plate on any truck you buy, because some of these trucks are already discontinued.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Nissantruck
Posts: 900
Joined: 02 Sep 2013 16:13
Location: Vantaa Finland

25 May 2015 11:05

Image


Hello! Päivää! I have two questions for you concerning your good mod idea.
First question:Because i am probably the world's biggest Nissan car fan and i can see from that picture,that you still have the Nissan brand logos in that picture,so how do you use them,because my game will crash if i use them?
Second question:Would it be possible for you to make special licence plates for Finland too,because the world of trucks website will not offer custom licence plates for Finnish cars in the game,for example: TAK-51(the numbers 5 and 1 are the letters s and i.So that is why it means taxi in Finnish).You can do that only if it is possible and if you wish to do that,because it is not necessary to do that. :)
Image

Image

I did use Ets1,Ukts and Gts.But now i use Ets2 and Ats.I also relocate cars for Nissan and Volvo,but i also like my Ets2 Scania and i also like my Ats Volvo VNL 780 too.
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language.

User avatar
tkk7406
Add-on Developer
Posts: 2679
Joined: 07 Apr 2014 15:02
Location: Nottingham, East Midlands

25 May 2015 11:20

uk_daf_fan wrote:This can be solved by altering the range to '53-10' as this would cater for nearly all AI car types realistically ;). It's not realistic to have a 15 plate on any truck you buy, because some of these trucks are already discontinued.
That's true, but for example the new Volvo, DAF and Mercedes didn't exist in 2010, so having a 10 plate on them or even a 60 plate wouldn't be that realistic. I can change the limit from 53 - 13 or 63. But another thing I can't separate is the number plate for AI trucks and cars. The game groups them into the AI, and that's about it.
Nissantruck wrote:First question:Because i am probably the world's biggest Nissan car fan and i can see from that picture,that you still have the Nissan brand logos in that picture,so how do you use them,because my game will crash if i use them?
The Nissan logo is part of Jazzycat's AI traffic pack.
Nissantruck wrote:Second question:Would it be possible for you to make special licence plates for Finland too,because the world of trucks website will not offer custom licence plates for Finnish cars in the game,for example: TAK-51(the numbers 5 and 1 are the letters s and i.So that is why it means taxi in Finnish).You can do that only if it is possible and if you wish to do that,because it is not necessary to do that. :)
Certainly! But this means that all the AI cars and trucks will have this. Is that OK with you?
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Image

Image

kReX
Posts: 240
Joined: 16 Dec 2014 21:38
Location: Prekmurje

25 May 2015 14:03

tkk7406 wrote: So what do you think? Is there any country that you think needs fixing as far as number plates are concerned? Would you like to have such a mod?
I think that Slovenian license plates could be a lot improved, because AFAIK the font isn't correct and also some other small improvements on them could be made.
SLOVENIJA

User avatar
Nissantruck
Posts: 900
Joined: 02 Sep 2013 16:13
Location: Vantaa Finland

25 May 2015 16:25

Certainly! But this means that all the AI cars and trucks will have this. Is that OK with you?[/quote]

I must consider that Jazzycat`s Ai pack,because i did use the real cars logos mod and it crashes my game,i mean at least it does that with the 1.17,but not with the old patches.
Also i do not need to see custom licence plates in all the cars in the game,because only some of the cars in Finland have custom plates.So if it is possible to do them to the ETS2 game trucks,i mean for example my game truck or at least some of the ai cars,then go ahead and do it but do not do that to all of them.Or you can make a mod that allows people to choose witch cars or trucks people need to use custom plates if it is possible or you can fix the normal Finnish license plates,so that they can look better,even if they are not custom plates. :!:
Image

Image

I did use Ets1,Ukts and Gts.But now i use Ets2 and Ats.I also relocate cars for Nissan and Volvo,but i also like my Ets2 Scania and i also like my Ats Volvo VNL 780 too.
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language.

User avatar
tkk7406
Add-on Developer
Posts: 2679
Joined: 07 Apr 2014 15:02
Location: Nottingham, East Midlands

25 May 2015 17:23

LukaSLO wrote:I think that Slovenian license plates could be a lot improved, because AFAIK the font isn't correct and also some other small improvements on them could be made.
Because I'm nowhere near a pro in Slovenian number plates, would you like to tell me what's wrong with them exactly and what font they actually use? Then I'll see what I can do about that.
Nissantruck wrote:Also i do not need to see custom licence plates in all the cars in the game,because only some of the cars in Finland have custom plates.So if it is possible to do them to the ETS2 game trucks,i mean for example my game truck or at least some of the ai cars,then go ahead and do it but do not do that to all of them.Or you can make a mod that allows people to choose witch cars or trucks people need to use custom plates if it is possible or you can fix the normal Finnish license plates,so that they can look better,even if they are not custom plates. :!:
Unfortunately I can't make this number plate for some AI vehicles, it's either all or nothing. I'm not given the option to choose some cars.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Image

Image

User avatar
Nissantruck
Posts: 900
Joined: 02 Sep 2013 16:13
Location: Vantaa Finland

25 May 2015 20:33

Well i think you can do that to all of the Ai cars if you cant do it in any other way.So you can fix the Finnish license plates to look better,even if they still are normal plates and not custom plates.
Image

Image

I did use Ets1,Ukts and Gts.But now i use Ets2 and Ats.I also relocate cars for Nissan and Volvo,but i also like my Ets2 Scania and i also like my Ats Volvo VNL 780 too.
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language.

User avatar
KubaJAM
Posts: 2285
Joined: 10 Oct 2013 18:42
Donation rank:
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom

26 May 2015 11:46

tkk7406 wrote:That's true, but for example the new Volvo, DAF and Mercedes didn't exist in 2010, so having a 10 plate on them or even a 60 plate wouldn't be that realistic. I can change the limit from 53 - 13 or 63.
It would work as a lot of truck companies run personalised plates which can make the truck appear older than it is.

Example:

Image

The Scania R Series wasn't around in 1993/4 ;).
Image
Image
Image



Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests