Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Horizon™
Developer

05 Jun 2015 15:34

Or dream more dreams :D
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

SkGe
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2015 20:02

This sound similar to Inception :)

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2015 20:45

Ok please back to topic, thanks
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

MIRFI
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2015 22:06

As I promised long time ago to Adrian007.. :)

A little geography lesson and why not, history lesson about ROMANIA, in order to get you prepared for driving there in ETS2! After this briefing, you should be able to recognize places and know what to expect when driving in various Romanian regions. Bear in mind that Romania si a very diverse country, with every region having very distinct features, like architecture and landscape. This country has it all. From neverending dry sunny plains to 2500 meters high mountains (+ hilly landscape, forests, Black Sea etc.).

Although Romania has quite a decent number of different smaller regions, the 3 main ones are: TRANSYLVANIA, MOLDAVIA and WALLACHIA.

TRANSYLVANIA:

Transylvania is home to some of Europe’s best-preserved medieval towns, featuring Old Saxon architecture and citadel ruins; the town of Sibiu with its cobblestone streets and pastel-colored houses, and Sighisoara, adorned with a hilltop citadel, secret passageways and a 14th century clock tower. Colorful centuries-old traditions are alive and well in the small villages of Transylvania. The Apuseni Mountain range, in the western Carpathians, is a landscape of exquisite beauty and mystery. Here, you’ll find ancient legends of mountain spirits and rare species of wildlife, along with 4,000 caves, many of which can be explored. Scarisoara Glacier, a national monument, shelters the second largest underground glacier on the continent.
=> LANDSCAPE: Hills, mainly forested, high mountains.

MOLDAVIA:

Moldova rivals Transylvania when it comes to rich folklore, natural beauty and astonishing history. Nestled in the rolling hills of northern Moldova is the region of Bucovina, home to one of the world’s greatest art treasures: the UNESCO World heritage sites of the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina. Built in the 15th and 16th centuries and featuring colorful exterior frescoes depicting dramatic religious scenes, these richly decorated houses of worships are unique in the world. The most famous of these, often called "the Sistine Chapel of the East" is Voronet Monastery. A visit to Bucovina would not be complete without some stunning nature walks through Ceahlau National Park, Romania’s Olympus – the sacred mountain of the Dacians, the forefathers of the Romanian people. Hikers won’t want to pass up taking a crack at the Bicaz Gorges, a steep, twisting-and-turning climb more than three miles long.
=> LANDSCAPE: Dry hilly landscape, high mountains.

WALLACHIA:

Wallachia’s unique mix of historical and natural attractions promises a different experience each day. First documented in 1459 by Vlad Tepes, Bucharest is the main city of the region and the capital of Romania. Whether you are spending most of your travel time here or just using it as a gateway to a discovery journey around Romania, Bucharest and its cultural scene is going to surprise you: 37 museums, 22 theaters, 18 art galleries, opera houses and concert halls await your visit. Beyond Bucharest, the foothills of Wallachia give way to the Carpathian Mountains. Just an hour and a half north of Bucharest is the beautiful Prahova Valley, where the popular ski resorts of Predeal, Busteni and Sinaia are located. Sinaia is also home to the magnificent Peles Castle - a masterpiece of German new-Renaissance architecture, considered one of the best-preserved royal castles in Europe. In the summer time, these resorts are starting points to hiking trails in the nearby Bucegi Nature Park.
=> LANDSCAPE: Dry endless plains, seaside, high mountains.

P.S. Now you may understand Michael's old signature "Bessarabia is Romania" [Moldova is Romania]. :)

adgjl
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2015 22:40

What a great lesson :) I was looking forward to never having to do geography again but ProMods always makes things interesting :lol: Romania is indeed a hugely diverse country and I can't wait to enjoy that in game ;)
Bugs are love, bugs are life

Kobra2112

07 Jun 2015 03:59

Thanks again MIRFI! Amazingly informative as always. It seems as though you are nearly done with Romania as well, I truly look forward to it. It will definitely make an interesting experience to add to promods, which after this update should stretch from the Atlantic Ocean to the Black Sea with the addition of Romania :o
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

adrian007
Donation rank:

07 Jun 2015 09:26

Thank you MIRFI for taking the time to do this :) now I know what I'm looking at when I travel through and hopefully you've included some parking areas so we can see the scenery :)
Regards
Adrian 8-)

Ranchester
Donation rank:

07 Jun 2015 10:14

Nice codex about country which is seldomly spoken about. It's always been quite of a mystery country along with Bulgaria. I only remember it was a totalitarian country in Ceaucescu's times.

Rocar 512E

07 Jun 2015 10:31

Yes indeed: BASARABIA IS ROMANIA!

MIRFI
Donation rank:

07 Jun 2015 18:27

Glad you found it useful, mates! ;) Really hope you'll enjoy Romania in ETS2 too! At least like I enjoy it.. :lol: I did some beta-testing today and even though I found one or two problem here and there, I'm quite satisfied with the early results. It will look even better with Purno's traffic signs! :) Btw, the early morning delivery pic below was taken on low graphics settings..

[Heading towards the Republic of Moldova]

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information