Daily Vehicle Checks

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2015 22:45

Yes, I quite agree Gentlemen, this would indeed be a task for SCS themselves!
However, it's nice to share such an idea with the Promods community, don't you think? :)
MOOSE 6733
If It Isn't Broken, Don't Try To Fix It! :D

Aussie Trucker

16 Jun 2015 00:10

MOOSE 6733 wrote:Yes, I quite agree Gentlemen, this would indeed be a task for SCS themselves!
However, it's nice to share such an idea with the Promods community, don't you think? :)
MOOSE 6733
If a question is never asked it is never answered :)

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

16 Jun 2015 11:21

If not carefull truck will get damage, just ordinary tear and wear needs to be fixed at the repair shop (eg tyre wear)
Would be awsome to be able to get a status list at your fingertips, and add trailer repair to the feature list
Next step is a wish & poll topic on the SCS forum ;-)
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

16 Jun 2015 17:01

Ok plykkegaard; I'll do that! Thanks for the advice! :)
MOOSE 6733

Aussie Trucker

17 Jun 2015 00:55

plykkegaard wrote: Would be awsome to be able to get a status list at your fingertips, and add trailer repair to the feature list
I agree although I guess they'd have to then separate the load from the trailer to ensure penalties for delivering a damaged load were still realistic otherwise you'd just pull into a garage before the delivery end point and get it all repaired which would seem a bit pointless.

I don't know what it's like in Europe but I was kind of surprised when I first got ETS that so many trailers are sitting around waiting for tractors to pull them. In this country we have far more owner operators with the complete kit (tractor and trailer) who will pick up and deliver on their own rolling stock rather than pick up a loaded trailer. We do have a large list of companies who have trailers scattered all over the place and company or contracted drivers pick them up but looking at ETS it appears no tractor owner owns a trailer. I guess if trailer ownership became possible in ETS it would make repairable trailer damage more likely.

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

17 Jun 2015 20:04

G'day Aussie!, :D
Really speaking, here in the UK, and (Europe as well?); most trailers are company owned and hauled; so they utilise their own equipment. However, there are some owner drivers who do, traction only work.
But in the main, trailers are kept at the company's yard / warehouse or indeed if they have a contract with say for example a supermarket chain, then at the customers premises. Rarely will you see trailers parked unattended with a load on board!
MOOSE 6733

Aussie Trucker

18 Jun 2015 00:34

MOOSE 6733 wrote: Rarely will you see trailers parked unattended with a load on board!
MOOSE 6733
That makes sense just not ETS sense :) Although I can sort of see why they did it and they may or may not be thinking about other possibilities now with the success of the game, who knows.

In Oz we quite often see unattended trailers anywhere from suburbia to the outer burbs. Sometimes unloading a double in suburbia is difficult so they leave one trailer in an open area and unload one at a time. In outer suburbia especially Perth, Adelaide etc we have staging areas where singles and doubles are often dragged and parked to make triples (or bigger) for the road trains. One load I did from NE NSW to WA a few years ago saw me leave a loaded trailer in a rest area 200ks NW of Melbourne and travel nearly 500ks to pick up a load on the second trailer because the boss deemed it cheaper and easier to leave the trailer at a rest area than drag it the 1000k round trip. But backloads are often a PITA when your doing the east/west turnaround because you don't want to do the return 4000ks to WA empty so traveling 1000ks out of your way to pick up a load is often justified.

But we don't often have loads just sitting around waiting for drivers like in ETS2

Moh1336

18 Jun 2015 09:29

Just enable the dev camera. It's essentially free roam, so you can get out and "walk" around the truck at your heart's desire.

I use it at gas stations and when connecting/disconnecting the trailer. :p

Aussie Trucker

19 Jun 2015 00:10

Moh1336 wrote:Just enable the dev camera. It's essentially free roam, so you can get out and "walk" around the truck at your heart's desire.
Yeah but it hurts when I swing my foot to check the tyres and kick the wall......But on the upside the pressure always seems good.

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2015 17:11

Cripes Aussie! :shock: , if you're driving a 'B' Triple or more, that's a helluva lot of tyres to kick mate! :lol:
Worse still, if you've to check one of those modular trailers :o !
MOOSE 6733

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information