Cities: Skylines discussion

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
kristiadi

29 Jun 2015 14:33

okay but for me cities xxl is the best city builder, thats why i hate that game so fukkin very much! it was too dificult. so im turning into ets2 but still play assassins creed series tough.

martinusK

29 Jun 2015 14:52

Well, building a city isnt supposed to be easy..... ;)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Jun 2015 15:11

For me, CitiesXL was too easy, and therefore too boring. In combination with obviously square lots, I could never make grid-less cities look good. If I wanted to make a good looking cities with wall-to-wall buildings, I always ended up with a grid. And that's no fun for me...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MYE2001

29 Jun 2015 15:58

I think Cities XL was quite easy.I have never struggled making a good economy on it.It had potential,but it`s gone now.To detail it,Cities XL was not challenging,there was no trains,memory leaks (perhaps the most important reason),making highway systems was better compared to SC4,but it is worse compared to Skylines.Lack of (big) modding community etc. On the other hand,Skylines is more attractive.There are dams,coal and oil power plants,wind turbines,lots of ways to produce electricity (Cities XL only had small and big power plants,that`s it) And there public service system is better.You need to make cemeteries,hospitals etc. and handle the traffic.In XL,it was only constructing the buildings.I don`t know any aspect that Cities XL is superior compared to CS.
MandelSoft wrote:For me, CitiesXL was too easy, and therefore too boring. In combination with obviously square lots, I could never make grid-less cities look good. If I wanted to make a good looking cities with wall-to-wall buildings, I always ended up with a grid. And that's no fun for me...

You are right.But write "Cities XL Toledo en accelere" on google,this is the best city I`ve seen in Cities XL,maybe you could like it.

EDIT:Is this traffic bad?There is no problem with services.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

29 Jun 2015 17:12

Current is ~100.000 and raising, a long way to go

Btw I have a minor issue with a lot of sick people .... wrong street layout/too many small streets?
I have more than enough hospitals, building them close to freehways helps
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Horizon™
Developer

29 Jun 2015 17:14

Maybe something with water sources or because of pollution(probably)
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

kristiadi

29 Jun 2015 17:18

haha that city of toledo, i know, it is good city. and mandel, i didnt try to persuade you to play, just my opinion about two games, thats all.

and please, help this turkish lad, it seems he is so desperate to resolve the problem of his own city..
Last edited by kristiadi on 29 Jun 2015 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

LoaderSaints

29 Jun 2015 17:55

If you have problems with traffic see this guide for help:
http://imgur.com/a/WdJim

martinusK

30 Jun 2015 10:03

MYE2001, red doesnt necessarily mean a bad traffic situation - it just shows high volume. If services start to get affected, try to create alternate routes straight from point A to point B, with almost no intersections. If you wish, you can make it a highway.
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

martinusK

30 Jun 2015 14:34

plykkegaard wrote:Current is ~100.000 and raising, a long way to go

Btw I have a minor issue with a lot of sick people .... wrong street layout/too many small streets?
I have more than enough hospitals, building them close to freehways helps
How do you get your water, water towers or pump from the river?

If water towers, make sure to not plant them near industry (regular, oil and ore) - timber and farm industry doesnt create pollution, so if you plant near that, it makes no difference
If you pump from river, then ofcourse dont put sewage outlets upstream from water pumps.
Also make sure to have some space between them - if they (water pump and sewage outlet) are very close to eachother, polluted water can also get sucked in (especially if its a low-flow river)

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information