Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
volan123
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2015 22:27

Well you can use movers ;)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

12 Jul 2015 22:51

If you would make a tram, the hardest part will be the curves. The game sees the object as one solid block and it will rotate as a whole. You can't make bendable sections (we tried this with trains, but the current mover system does not allow this; it will make the sections disjointed). This is a big problem when you are going to make tight tram curves...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Vladzz-G
Developer

12 Jul 2015 23:20

MandelSoft wrote:If you would make a tram, the hardest part will be the curves. The game sees the object as one solid block and it will rotate as a whole. You can't make bendable sections (we tried this with trains, but the current mover system does not allow this; it will make the sections disjointed). This is a big problem when you are going to make tight tram curves...
[offtop]
One of the best places to put tram movers in ETS2 world is in Rīga. There is one tram track goes paralelly with Brīvības prospect (a.k.a. A2/E77 outside of Rīga) until the crossroad with Ropāžu iela, which means, that there is almost not any curves IRL, but with scale limits of ETS2 you can really make it straight, and it will dissapears in the crossroad, I showed in given link. ;)
I hope, RacerToft will take it as idea. :)

And, yes, I know, that it is Romanian map progress topic.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Rocar 512E

13 Jul 2015 07:40

The only straightest sectio of the bucharest tram is from Danny Huwe (Razoare) Square to Frigocom...
Trouble is, most of the trams that go there are Tatra T4R...

MIRFI
Donation rank:

13 Jul 2015 10:32

Oh, please stop it.. As far as I remember, it's not "Euro Tram Simulator 2".. Tram lines are enough. ;) Meanwhile I must focus on more important things. Btw, I'm sorry Michael, I know you're a train/tram guy.. :lol:

@jscharpf Looks like you had a very Romanian experience, mate! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

patrykos31

13 Jul 2015 15:10

Vladzz-G wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:If you would make a tram, the hardest part will be the curves. The game sees the object as one solid block and it will rotate as a whole. You can't make bendable sections (we tried this with trains, but the current mover system does not allow this; it will make the sections disjointed). This is a big problem when you are going to make tight tram curves...
[offtop]
One of the best places to put tram movers in ETS2 world is in Rīga. There is one tram track goes paralelly with Brīvības prospect (a.k.a. A2/E77 outside of Rīga) until the crossroad with Ropāžu iela, which means, that there is almost not any curves IRL, but with scale limits of ETS2 you can really make it straight, and it will dissapears in the crossroad, I showed in given link. ;)
I hope, RacerToft will take it as idea. :)

And, yes, I know, that it is Romanian map progress topic.

This is good idea and we can do it on this map. All thinks in this map doesn't must be realistic .This is my opinion. Sorry for mistakes :D
Trucking is love, trucking is life...
My spec | i5 4460 | B85 G43 | GTX 960 | 8GB RAM | SSD 120 GB | HDD 1 TB | Seasonic 520 W |
Currently driving Volvo FH 16 2012 Scania Streamline Renault Magnum
Every truck for every day :lol:
My WOTR profile
Steam Profile

mgsakatataee
Donation rank:

13 Jul 2015 15:36

jscharpf wrote: I definitely plan on visiting again, we're seriously considering moving there. My wife misses it. I am getting a little older now and considering where to retire. Romania is fantastic, in my opinion. I like the city/country life of Arad, no crime, just nice. I feel in love with the country.

My wife has cooked Sarmale several times over the years. I love it! We also had some while in Romania.
The only thing I did not like is "tuica"??? much too strong for me I am not a heavy drinker lol. :oops:

However, your wine is incredibly good (I managed to sneak a few bottles from the Vrancea region in my luggage back to the states :)

Also, I would say your roads are in very good shape, the freeways are wonderful to drive on and see the sights.. I did not know what to expect when I rented a car in Arad to drive east. I was pleasantly surprised.
These words make me happy.

Guys don't make trams! These things make the traffic very hard.
Michael Rosen wrote:Today while going to my grandparents, a taxi driver tried to hit my dad's car and went on the other road at Opera Square in Bucharest
:shock:
And i agree. The traffic in Bucharest is like a jungle.
Playing PM since 2015. Why? Because I like this mod. A bit laggy, but very well made.
Favorite truck brand: DAF.

Rocar 512E

13 Jul 2015 18:54

mgsakatataee wrote:Guys don't make trams! These things make the traffic very hard.
Only 1 or 2 won't bury the traffic in Militari area...

ETS2-User
Developer

13 Jul 2015 19:12

Letting trams go on certain lines within the traffic is impossible. Movers don't stop at traffic lights and don't mind driving through your truck and AI cars. AI traffic on the other hand can't be limited to only one course. So, if trams, they would only be possible on an extra driveway using underpasses at intersections.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

14 Jul 2015 05:11

Can we please quit the tram thing? ;)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information