Need patch included with 1.91 for ETS2 1.19?

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
ladlon

26 Jul 2015 18:13

Hi. I'm installing ProMods for the first time, with ETS2 1.19 (Steam version+Going East, but no Scandanavia... yet), and am wondering if I need to also install the patch that is included along with the ProMod 1.91 files. The notes talk about 1.16-1.17, but since I'm running 1.19, I'm not sure if it's needed or not.

The sim crashes (without the patch) during the loading status screen (after hitting Continue on the profile screen), and I'm not sure if it's due to the patch being needed, or some other thing.

Please let me know. I guess I'll play vanilla for now, and if I can't find a solution, I'll wait until ProMods 1.96.

Cheers

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2015 18:24

Waiting will make no difference, as from now on both Going East and Scandanavia DLC will be required for ProMods, Poland Rebuilding and RusMap...

The best you can experience now is to use the ProMods v1.91 with the patch to enjoy what was. You will need the new DLC to experience the now and future version.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Horizon™
Developer

26 Jul 2015 18:27

1. Can you don't double post? Please, it will make our forum cleaner :)
2. You need go back to 1.18 and use 1.91 ProMods with 1.17 hot-fix patch.
3. For 1.96 ProMods , DLC Scandinavia is required too, and for 2.0 - both ( Going East and Scandinavia )
4. Yes it will crash because 1.95 and any other version below are not suitable for 1.19

Sorry about that, but try to get at least some Canadian Dollar for this awesome DLC, that will let you to play in further ProMods versions too

Kind Regards,
DeusHorizon

EDIT

Ninja'ed :/
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

ladlon

26 Jul 2015 18:40

Sorry for the double post. I had a script blocked, and it didn't seem like the first post made it though (no message). I waited a bit, refreshed the screen, but still nothing, so I wrote it again. My very first post, so I didn't know exactly how the system worked when my post didn't show up anywhere. Only the second time, did it show that the post would be moderated. The moderators are welcome to delete the first post. I'll see if I can delete it on my side, in the meantime.

Ah, I wasn't aware ETS2 1.19 wasn't compatible with any of the versions. I thought 1.19 was okay with 1.16 and up (including 1.19). I'll have to check out the 'revert back to previous Steam version' feature, if I can... or just hold off until ProMods 1.96.

Ya, I'm definitely getting Scandanavia. Just waiting for the next sale. I just discovered ProMods a few days ago (just before the server crash!... Great timing!). Totally love ETS2, so I'll definitely be getting whatever extra roads and areas are available.

Great work on the mod, and much appreciated. Glad you guy are back up.

Any general ballpark ETA on when 1.96 might be available? (very rough guess)

Also, does ProMods add a significant CPU hit compared to vanilla? Is there a minimum spec for it? (I'm running an older i7 with 16gigs of RAM and a GTX 500 series card, and vanilla runs lovely, but I wasn't sure if the mod was a substantial CPU hit or not.

Horizon™
Developer

26 Jul 2015 18:48

1. I said before - ProMods 1.96 will work with 1.19, but it requires DLC Scandinavia too
2. The support for game creators are nice too! Hopefully you will enjoy your trips through Scandinavia, Iceland, Western Europe, Italy, new Germany, Baltic States and Romania!
3. Yes, developers are doing great job, I'm thankful for that too!
4. ProMods 1.96 release is unknown, but maybe it is soon.
5. You're just fine, I can play with my low-end laptop doing 30FPS in landscape and 5FPS in places as Hamburg, but I'm fine with that.

Welcome to our forum! We glad you came here and have nice experience with this creation! :)
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2015 18:50

I've already deleted the duplicate post, and yes first time post need to be manually "approved." Evidently you were making your duplicate post while I was busy "approving" your first post, so by the time you clicked on "Submit" the new (duplicate) was automatically approved... :lol:

As for v1.96 that has just today begun beta testing, so progress is being made! 8-)
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

ladlon

26 Jul 2015 19:02

Ha! Sorry, Fr. Bill. Ya, it was a bit of comical timing there. I noticed after posting (and no apparent result) that the site's scripts were being blocked, so it was a moment of 'Do I wait some more and see if it went through, or post again?'. How's that for an awkward entrance!

Yep, when I say 'wait for 1.96', I'm assuming that I'd get Scandanavia by then. I've just started playing again (new machine, and I haven't loaded my old save game yet, if I'm even going to), so I'm at something like 10% of the map explored... so, I got plenty to keep me busy until then. I've just scratched the surface, so I'm far from bored or 'hurting for more roads'. In both sessions (2 machines), I didn't even get to the point where I bought my own truck... so, ya, plenty of unexplored 'road' on the horizon to keep me busy.

Many have said it before, but ETS2 really IS quite relaxing. I play a session in the evening, listening to the online radio, and it's like pure zen somehow. Things are a lot more fun now, too, since I finally figured out how to steer a trailer backing up! Nice to be able to park it manually at the end of the trip, rather than lame out by skipping that. And, I finally got a handle on the whole off-ramp thing... I used to frequently have to swerve to the other lane, as I was never quite sure if the right lane would continue on or turn (exclusively) into the off-ramp. A helpful post cleared that up, so now I'm golden. :)

Hey, question for you (if that's okay in this thread)... Why do the other motorists seem to frequently be going 10 kph over the speed limit? I always try and keep to the limit, yet everyone else is flying by me! How much faster can you go over the limit before it's 'illegal'?

Horizon™
Developer

26 Jul 2015 19:06

Trucks can always go 90km/h, but I heard ( In the real-life ) ,that trucks are slower then cars actually, so... example - car is going 70km/h, but trucks can do 60km/h .There are some settings for speed limit showing, so you can select car speed limit and truck speed limit.
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

ladlon

26 Jul 2015 19:22

That hurt my brain.... I'm not sure I follow you. When you say 'can' do you mean 'are physically able to' or 'are allowed to'?

Even with that explained, are you saying that a truck can go 10km/h over the posted speed limit, or that (by some freaky unknown modification of physics) a truck going 60km/h is actually going 50km/h? Or, have I completely missed the bus on this one? :(

I do recall something in the options about 'speed limiting' or something like that. I have to look into that. Is that in the manual? (I just downloaded the manual and will check...)

[Moments later] Nope... Not in the manual.

Horizon™
Developer

26 Jul 2015 19:43

1. The truck needs go lower by 10kph ,then actual speed limit for braking and so on...
2. Sorry for my unclear English, you see ,I'm not native English speaker.
3. There is a settings and you can change the shown speed limit ( For cars and trucks )....

Go to "Settings" - "Gameplay" - "Route Advisor speed limit" and you can select for either cars or trucks :)

I checked speed limits in Autobahn :
For cars was 100km/h
For Truck was 80km/h
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information