Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 Aug 2015 09:23

^^ And this is why I don't like Spanish signage in particular (besides the huge range of route number classes that have even more confusing colour scheme rules...)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

orestescm76
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2015 10:37

MandelSoft wrote:^^ And this is why I don't like Spanish signage in particular (besides the huge range of route number classes that have even more confusing colour scheme rules...)
autovias are blue, in andalucia an autovia is orange :lol: :lol:

said27081999
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2015 10:39

Yes it pretty normal that the signs are overcrowded.

Here is a picture that I made myself when driving through spain.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2cf9mbn.jpg

orestescm76
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2015 10:42

said27081999 wrote:Yes it pretty normal that the signs are overcrowded.

Here is a picture that I made myself when driving through spain.
another thing: arabic signs XDD
those are epic

said27081999
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2015 10:47

Yeah those are for the million Maroccans that drive through Spain. But honestly its unnecessary we can read the normal signs... XD

orestescm76
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2015 10:48

then what's the point?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 Aug 2015 10:55

orestescm76 wrote:autovias are blue, in andalucia an autovia is orange :lol: :lol:
Try this: the Catalonian routes (C-##) are red fro two-digit numbers, but green for three-digit numbers. Unless it's an autovia; then it's blue.

And then we have some roads with roman numerals: N-II and N-IIz. Why don't they have normal road numbers?

If you look around Barcelona, you'll see the following prefixes: A, AP, B, BP, BV, C, E, N. That's 8 prefixes in the area around Barcelona alone! And then you need to know that these prefixes differ from area to area: In a range of 100km around Barcelona you have: GI, GIP, GIV, L, LL, LP, LV, T, TV, TP and to make matters even more confusing a different category A (Andalusian road numbers) that uses the same prefix as toll-free autovias. And around Zaragoza there is the ARA-A1, and I have no idea what that means nor have I seen any other road number that has the ARA-A-prefix. It looks so random.

The Spanish route numbering system is quite cryptic, complicated and confusing for foreigners. Why can't Spain just use three or four different route numbers categories and stick to them? Sweden is the polar opposite of this; they only use two route number categories: the European routes and the Riksväg routes, and that's enough for them :lol:
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

said27081999
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2015 10:59

Maybe to welcome us on there highway because they earn a lot of money in the summer. From The french border to Algeciras (AP-7) (1200KM) almost everything is toll. Also in Easkadi and in Andalucia you find a lot of toll roads.

orestescm76
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2015 11:00

MandelSoft wrote:
orestescm76 wrote:autovias are blue, in andalucia an autovia is orange :lol: :lol:
Try this: the Catalonian routes (C-##) are red fro two-digit numbers, but green for three-digit numbers. Unless it's an autovia; then it's blue.

And then we have some roads with roman numerals: N-II and N-IIz. Why don't they have normal road numbers?
We can discuss this on skype but nevermind, about the N-I, N-II... etc are the old roads before the A-1 A-2 and so on.
Nowadays some N roads are slowly turned into autovias. GI, LL and so on are local roads of the province (Girona, Lleida)
indeed it's strange but i love it :lol:

orestescm76
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2015 11:04

said27081999 wrote:Maybe to welcome us on there highway because they earn a lot of money in the summer. From The french border to Algeciras (AP-7) (1200KM) almost everything is toll. Also in Easkadi and in Andalucia you find a lot of toll roads.
in andalucia there is not so many toll roads, most of it is A-XX so it's toll free
then in western andalucia there is toll

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information