Changes to base map

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
RedMoxi

07 Aug 2013 15:33

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but will there be any changes to the default map (UK, France etc) in particular changes to the depots for parking the trailer?

Can we expect to see normal delivery types in the mod of have they been tweaked?

ScuL
Founder

07 Aug 2013 15:39

We mainly restructured North-Germany for connection to the A7 (Hamburg), Elbetunnel, and of course near Kiel & Rostock.
We haven't touched the UK at all except from adding ferries to Norway & Denmark.
France is unaffected at the moment.

All cargo/deliveries/economy is set to standard.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

RedMoxi

07 Aug 2013 16:01

It seems whenever I use a map mod (only two mind) it misaligns the UK and the roads no longer fit the map. It still plays fine but looks ugly on the map, do you know if this has this (minor) issue?

ScuL
Founder

07 Aug 2013 16:09

RedMoxi wrote:It seems whenever I use a map mod (only two mind) it misaligns the UK and the roads no longer fit the map. It still plays fine but looks ugly on the map, do you know if this has this (minor) issue?
Unfortunately we have the same problem.

It is caused by the fact that SCS have developed the main map into 1:19 scale and the UK in 1:15 scale therefore the UK is "too big" for the size of the European map. They have managed to sneak around this by pulling the world map out of proportions inside the official releases, but as soon as you add roads it messes up the proportions again leading to the UK road problem.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

RedMoxi

07 Aug 2013 16:29

Ah ok, I've been wondering if there was a simple fix for this I could do but if you've not been able to fix it then I know I couldn't! ;)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2013 19:17

I can tell that we have fixed it. Or at least I have seen that it was fixed. I will check up in a minute but it should be fixed :D
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2013 19:24

Is there any new signs and additions to other countries beside Germany? On Facebook, there were pictures of new signs in the Netherlands for example, I'd love to see them, more realism!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2013 19:26

HighFlyerPL185 wrote:Is there any new signs and additions to other countries beside Germany? On Facebook, there were pictures of new signs in the Netherlands for example, I'd love to see them, more realism!
In Germany we have of course added new signs. I have created a whole lot of Dutch signs but they are not in this version. We might use them in version to come :D
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2013 19:28

Sounds good, can't wait for the release. Smashing job on the map! :D

ScuL
Founder

07 Aug 2013 19:29

HighFlyerPL185 wrote:Is there any new signs and additions to other countries beside Germany? On Facebook, there were pictures of new signs in the Netherlands for example, I'd love to see them, more realism!
No, not at the moment.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information