SUPPORT

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
logitech1959

29 Aug 2015 23:57

I have paid for MAP 1.91 and I have paid for MAP 1.96 First map worked ok Great site worth investing in this site Then 1.96 MAP released I PAID again downloaded files it will not work I then have to buy EURO TRUCK SIMULATOR 2 DLC AND GOING EAST ON STEAM MY MAP WILL NOT WORK TWO FILES PART 1 PART 2 WHERE IS THE SUPPORT WHY PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL NOT WORK WHERE IS THE SUPPORT WHERE IS THIS SITE A FAKE OR DO WE GET NO SUPPORT COME ON HELP I PAID GOOD MONEY for this site but was I conned ???

???

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2015 00:22

First of all, you did not "pay for support." You paid the fee to the download service instead of choosing to download the freely available seven part files.

In the second place, you haven't actually told us anything except that you are unhappy. There are guidelines for reporting problems that everyone needs to follow if they truly wish help.

At the very least we will need to have your game.log.txt file. Copy/paste it at http:pastebin.com and then give us a link.

What did you do with the two files you downloaded from the $1 site? Did you use 7Zip to extract the real files? Did you remember to configure and download the DEF file?
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

logitech1959

30 Aug 2015 16:25

First of all, you did not "pay for support." You paid the fee to the download service instead of choosing to download the freely available seven part files.
So are you saying I was stupid to pay for files when I could of had them for free ?? Ipaid because I wanted to appreciate there work of which the maps are highly impressive I HAVE FILES v196 part 1 and v196 part 2 also have MY DEF FILE vdef 196 also patch v1961. I extract with win rar part 1 to mod folder 3 files then extract part 2 and it overrights previous ones game crashes no other mods activated I put patch in with these files game crashes I had no proble with v191 files as my game is running ok it is only when I try this map SUPPORT = HELP

Horizon™
Developer

30 Aug 2015 16:38

1.You need just select all these 3 (right?) downloaded .zip files and select "Extract Here" or "Extract Files..."
2. Don't extract any other part if you used method above, if not , Extract only the 1st part!
3... Tell me if it works :)
4. If the file/files is/are corrupted, try re-download or use another web browser!
----
Here is your support - clear and friendly :)
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2015 17:42

logitech1959 wrote: So are you saying I was stupid to pay for files when I could of had them for free ?? Ipaid because I wanted to appreciate there work of which the maps are highly impressive.
No I was not saying anything like that at all. What I wrote was perfectly clear. You were under the impression that the $1 cost entitled you to more "support" than those who use the "free" files receive. That is not the case, because everyone gets precisely the same "support" irrespective of how they get the files... ;)

Now had it been the case that you had already asked for help and never received any, your "rant" may have had some merit, but that was not the case now was it? As one of the moderators I make it a point to read every post made regardless of language, and see to it that "help" is provided as quickly as possible.
...then extract part 2 and it overrights previous ones game crashes no other mods activated.
That is the proximate cause of your crash. The instructions (in many languages no less!) should be very closely followed. You are told specifically to NOT try to unzip the part 2 file at all.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Aug 2015 17:55

Besides, this whole forum is set up to offer support to all our users with their issues, big or small.

And again, the $1 fee is for the download service, not the support service; the support service is free for all.

First, before you start complaining, read all instructions carefully, especially when you run into problems. Your question may already be answered before you even asked your question on the forums. Too little users read manuals or instructions these days... sigh...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

logitech1959

30 Aug 2015 19:12

Right here goes I extract part 1 3 files no other mods in euro truck and game crashes I think I will stick with v191

Horizon™
Developer

30 Aug 2015 19:18

Did you even followed a English tutorial at all? Do you have a DLC North at all? Like I saw, you don't
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2015 19:34

logitech1959 wrote:I think I will stick with v191
Majority of our users don't have issues with 1.97 some does
Easiest way to get help is to upload the game log, otherwise it's a waste of time for us all
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

31 Aug 2015 07:42

Try 1.97. The paid version is a single file and the free version has a easy extractor program. Also you said you are going back to 1.91 does this mean... You don't have the dlc??? Because 1.91 doesn't work without dlc
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information