Sunday night trucking

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Izargon

27 Aug 2015 14:56

I will comment that I found that map to be very impressive, even knowing that it was effectively a rehash of the original map with parts added. The person had changed parts of the road system and rerouted some roads. And while Paul didn't seem to notice the naming of some of the cities were followed by what certainly were references to countries. I did...

So I took the time to drive from the east coast of Brasil to Chile... I was reasonably impressed with the journey, despite running into that same invisiwall that Paul had to use teleport to get on the other side.. I found another way around that wall and kept going. Certainly the map was likely not the best geographic example, but in terms of giving the game a feel that I havent had in a while... The areas of the map that the person added were mediocre to intermediately done, and yet, the feeling was that of interest, the roads, the speed bumps... Kept things interesting as my trip went farther west... The map mod maker used ALL the assets possible and used them in a way that while recognizable as being borrowed from the game's own asset bank, still gave a feel of interest. This interest escalated as did the elevation climbing the Andes, it felt original in my opinion, while certainly some portions of the road design for the area were copied, a few places felt created from scratch as far as design.This is just my thoughts on the map driven by Squirrel in his last stream after I went and downloaded it myself. I will note that the map works with any stock scs profile on 1.19. It generated 50 billion log errors, but never crashed for me from map problems.

I did watch this past stream twice over, which is something I have very rarely done in the past year of watching his content. I am simply commenting on the fact that His stream was greatly interesting to me and elaborated on the map itself a little more.

I am disappointed by the fact this forum lacks a [spoiler][/spoiler] command. I really could've used that with this post.

I do look forward to Squirrel's next SNT stream, whether or not it will be on this map still or on the new 1.20 with Promods is anyone's guess. He did mention he would try to continue driving this particular map, but as always, failed to clarify the when aspect. I know this post was lengthy and it was intended to give an expanded thought on the map Squirrel used in his last stream of SNT. I will apologize if people think otherwise but I do not mean to hijack this thread at all, do the courteous action and pm me about it. Thanks. In the meantime, I will be downloading 1.97 to drive on..

Photon_

30 Aug 2015 17:58

Squirrel is playing with the Brasil map i guess not many of you will be watching

volan123
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2015 18:30

I think I'll pass this one...
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Photon_

30 Aug 2015 20:44

I decided to watch the stream a bit later and i saw that the map ripped of Malmö from Scandinavia DLC even the Øresund Bridge

volan123
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2015 20:56

That's just cheap...
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Westwood255
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2015 22:02

It seems all the cities are from Scandinavia DLC. When he drove into what was "Buenos Aires" on the GPS, there was a Danish city-entry sign saying "Aalborg" :P
927 hours of Euro Truck Simulator 2 played

Profile 1:
HQ: Berlin [DE]
Level 58 (Legend)
Distance driven: 242.241 km

Profile 2:
HQ: København [DK]
Level 39 (Elite)
Distance driven: 119.594 km

Space4K

30 Aug 2015 22:23

I was watching it, even saw Mandelsoft in the chat section but I'm not sure if it was actually him. :D

Anyone knows a Brazil map mod that works with latest Rus map, promods and Poland rebuilding?
A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half... I am the smart man. LOL!

Photon_

30 Aug 2015 22:25

EAA map

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Aug 2015 22:27

Well, it also passed Bratislava. That is not from the DLC, but still a copied city :P

And yes, I was in the chat, but I stopped when they entered another clearly copied DLC city...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Space4K

30 Aug 2015 22:35

I tried EAA map, it did not work even though I attempted many load order combinations... so I'll try again. :D So EAA works but Roads Brasil Map v1.9.6.1 does not? Thanks for answer btw. :)

I agree, some cities were so obviously copy and paste that it was painful to watch Paul drive there. :D
A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half... I am the smart man. LOL!

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information