ProMods Roadhouse (free topic)

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2015 18:24

No, it isn't even available for all in-game trucks due to limited time.

I will however continue the theme soon ;).

Quite a few interesting things which I'm not going to find quotes to answer so I'll just answer as best I can to all:

Firstly, I was being sarcastic about the Romanian driving age ;).

Next: I see no problem with driving lessons from 16, at least you are driving with a (hopefully) responsible instructor who has the power to stop you if needed. There is nothing to say you can take your test below 17 on these courses, which is a good thing. I would hate to see 16 year olds actually qualified or able to get insured on a provisional. If anything (yes I am 17) the driving age should be raised, not lowered. It is proven that immaturity causes accidents. Having said that, the vast majority of people I know of a similar age are careful drivers (lads and girls), who may just be a bit hesitant at times. I pride myself on (hopefully) being a very good driver, as my instructor was excellent, I've had plenty of practice, and passed with only two minors. We (especially in the UK) have to suffer for the minority who drive like absolute clowns, crash, and as a result hike all our insurances up to ridiculous prices (and anyone saying you know what I mean, you really don't understand until you see UK prices :lol:).

@Nico, same here. Everyone around here drives a stupid pace, around 10-20mph above the limit. During my short while driving, I have driven practically every type of road and covered maybe 5000 miles (8000km). And I have concluded that 75-80% of the drivers here are absolute rubbish and, if I were in some position of power, I would make them take a re-test. I have seen everything from a dickhead in a Transit van overtake me on a single lane road (good job I was looking!) to a Zafira the other day on the M6 driving with no lights on. In pitch black. How you cannot realise your lights are off when the bloody dashboard is dark I have no damned idea!

The worst thing in my opinion is that you feel heckled for being a courteous driver. It shows the problems with idiots on the road today and the fact that nobody cares what consequences their actions would lead to. Oh, and as for those sh**s who decide to put their foot down when you try to overtake them on the motorway, it's easily curable. Just speed up next to them then hold them there until you reach a slow van or a truck in their lane, then see them slow down!

Just to give you the UK regulations:

You can apply for your provisional licence at 15 years 9 months. However you cannot use it until you are 17. When you may drive with a driver over 21 who has had their licence for more than three years.

You can take your theory as soon as you turn 17, the pass mark is 43/ 50 for the multiple choice section, and 59% (normal driver) for the hazard perception test (video clips). In my test I got 50 and 91%. You can take your driving test soon after this, where you are allowed up to 15 minor faults but only a maximum of 3 from the same category. I got two minors, one of which was forgetting to drive into the box when the traffic light went green (to turn right) which I got really annoyed about! I think it was just the pressure on the day.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2015 05:27

Where I live you can start driving with an adult to learn when your 15 which is like a "learning license".
When you become 16 you can get your full license and do whatever you want.

Except you can't drive between 01:00 and 04:00 at night untill your 18.

.... Here you can drive 2 years earlier than europe., but you can't drink alcohol till you are 21...
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2015 08:28

Welcome to the USA... never understood that why you are allowed to "die for your country" when you are 18 but not allowed to drink until you're 21...
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2015 08:47

They want their solders sober I guess ;)

Rocar 512E

08 Sep 2015 11:44

I've got a problem with my internet. I tried to download a FE-Schrift font, but it had viruses and other shirt. And now instead of a google chrome new tab, always when i open a new tab i get a stupid stie called istartsurf. Can someone help me out? I tried uninstalling and reistalling but the problem still is here.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Sep 2015 12:12

Have you checked:
- All installed programs. I have the suspicion that iStartSurf is malware and may be installed as bloatware. Can you check if it enlisted in the "Programs and Features" screen? If so, uninstall it.
- Check your extensions for ALL your webbrowsers. If you see something suspicious, remove it.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

M4rkus

08 Sep 2015 12:14

I'd recommend Malwarebytes. The basic version is free and it works pretty well. Just do a scan and let it remove the findings.

Rocar 512E

08 Sep 2015 14:26

how can i check all programs?

martinusK

08 Sep 2015 14:35

MandelSoft wrote: Can you check if it enlisted in the "Programs and Features" screen? If so, uninstall it.
You can find it in control panel ;)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Rocar 512E

08 Sep 2015 14:49

i uninstalled, and it's still there!

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information