[Suggestions] ProMods Fuel Stations

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nissantruck

15 Sep 2015 17:00

MrSimsFaniFIN wrote:Yep :) It is "Finlands biggest village store." It is 60 kilometers from Seinäjoki.
That is true,i mean even the hotel/village store in Tuuri looks like a castle. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

mbman212
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2015 06:31

MrSimsFaniFIN wrote:Yep :) It is "Finlands biggest village store." It is 60 kilometers from Seinäjoki.

... or 132.6 km from my home yard! :D
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Dannu
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2015 11:01

And..... about 500 kilometers!
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

laughablerush
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2015 13:41

I would love to see more real brands within the game, it will make it look so real. will take some time to complete it though...

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

22 Sep 2015 16:40

Maybe this is a bit important. All Statoil fuel stations in Scandinavia, Baltics, Poland and Russia are changing name to Circle K. This will happen in May 2016.

http://www.tv2.no/2015/09/22/broom/bens ... on/7412572

24 years after they changed their name from Norol to Statoil, it is clear that the familiar Statoil name will soon disappear from petrol stations throughout Norway.

Now they will replace both logos and names - and hereinafter called Circle K.

It is clear after the Statoil Fuel & Retail currently has collected over 3,000 employees at Telenor Arena outside Oslo. Statoil Fuel & Retail was part of the integrated oil and gas company Statoil ASA until 2010. In 2012 the company was acquired by Couche-Tard, a world leader in service trade. The right to use the Statoil name until 2021 was part of the acquisition, which was emphasized in the communication that time.

But as long as one wishes therefore not to wait.

From May 2016 Statoil stations in Scandinavia, the Baltics, Poland and Russia turned into a Circle K. The use of a single global brand will make us stronger, strengthen our culture and helping us to make life better for our customers, says Couche- Tard CEO Brian Hannasch, in a statement. Circle K is found today in thousands of stores and gas stations in 14 countries worldwide.

The first European stations to make the shift lies in Norway and Sweden. They become part of an international organization with nearly 15,000 stores and gas stations and more than 100,000 employees under the new brand Circle K. Together they will serve several million people on the go, every day, worldwide.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Nissantruck

22 Sep 2015 17:23

Hello! Päivää!
That is stupid to change a name that people know to a name that really doesn't sound like a fuel station name at least not to me.I mean every time i go to Estonia from Finland i will buy Statoil fuel for my car and now it`s going to be something else.
Why companies always need to change a good familiar name? Your guess is good as mine!
Thank you Chris94_NOR for the information,i would not known that at least not yet. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

22 Sep 2015 17:37

Nissantruck wrote:Hello! Päivää!
That is stupid to change a name that people know to a name that really doesn't sound like a fuel station name at least not to me.I mean every time i go to Estonia from Finland i will buy Statoil fuel for my car and now it`s going to be something else.
Why companies always need to change a good familiar name? Your guess is good as mine!
Thank you Chris94_NOR for the information,i would not known that at least not yet. :mrgreen:
I am surprised as you are. I think it is ridiculous.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Ostpuff
Developer

22 Sep 2015 23:36

That is very surprising indeed, it will be strange for such a familiar brand as Statoil to change name and design completely. I think it's a bad decision, especially marketing wise - People tend to stick to familiar things, brands and such.
And just the cost for changing all the stations must be quite large... :?
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

22 Sep 2015 23:51

Oddly enough, here in the United States "Circle-K" has been around for many decades, although here it is associated more as a convenience store that happens to also sell fuel, than as a gas station per se. In that respect it is seen much as "7-Eleven" are.

As it happens, not all "Circle-K" stores do sell fuel! As you can see from the mini-map below, there are three "Circle-K" stores within easy driving distance from my house, but only one (A) sells fuel.
Couche-Tard, one of the world’s leading convenience retailers, announces the creation of a new, global convenience brand, “Circle K”. The new Circle K brand will replace Couche-Tard’s existing Circle K®, Statoil®, Mac’s® and Kangaroo Express® branding on stores and service stations across Canada, the USA, Scandinavia and Central and Eastern Europe. The new Circle K brand will also appear on licensed stores worldwide and will be a fundamental part of Couche-Tard’s future growth.
See: https://www.circlek.com/
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

ScuL
Founder

23 Sep 2015 02:57

Probably an American driven initiative, I also find it a bad idea. Statoil is a very familiar brand
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information