[REL] Project Balkans 5.5 for 1.47.x

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

19 Sep 2015 22:23

grega wrote:
chris0101 wrote:I'm just curious why the A34 goes to single lane at the interchange right before the Slovenian border? I don't think this is like this in real life and it creates a bottleneck on the motorway when I drove on it last night
This is not the only thing on Promods Slovenian soil that is not realistic :/ the newly made A5 connection to Hungary goes through totaly flat part of a country (region Prekmurje, you can google it) well know by its agriculture and begining of a Panonian basin. In the game this highway its surrounded with forests?? Tunnel?? and few down and uphills which is total failure. Also river Mura where highway crosses it with the brigde over it is not like a medium sized stream down in the valley :/ Also the part from Ljubljana to Maribor goest through hilly region of Trojane, which there is no sign of it in Promods.... etc.

I'm also don't saying that our team did everything totaly realistic, but we tried to :)
This things were made by mappers and their decisions, I would call this artistic freedom :)
grega wrote:Hmm it looks like that some foreigner will teach me about my country, which I travelled crossover million times?? :) and btw. you showed the screens from the begining of the A5 where the transition between terrain is happening
Sir, you making several logical falicies here;
  1. You are distracting from my critisim by ripping this whole thing out of context. Chris0101 mentioned the transition from two lanes to one lane back to two lanes at Nova Gorica (which by the way doesn't even exist according to Google Maps) is not our creation, but yours. You have fired up the discussion that we were wrong with our A5 while you were pointed to a problem with the A34/H4 in Nova Gorica, your work, for crying out loud! You're distracting from the issue at hand...
  2. You are assuming that I would criticise you on the landscape and such, but that's jumping to conclusions. No, my main problem is the geometric design of the entire road system. That is MY area of expertise, and it is not exclusive to my own geographical area. That is the main reason why this mod is not in ProMods; the geometric road design of all rebuilt parts is quite poorly done with very sharp and shaky curves and steep slopes. When we designed Ljubljana, ever curve and every slope has been thought through a lot, trying to even out all the kinks and irregularities, and to make sure that trucks could make that curve or slope at reasonable speeds. That careful research and design has been thrown out of the window with this (not to mention the interchange overkill at the rebuilt parts). I've mentioned this in public and in private multiple times. Apparently I've been talking to a wall...
  3. You assume that Ljubljana and the A5 are similar cases. They are not; Ljubljana and Maribor both had extensive research and months of development. There was no hurry behind that. The A5, however, was prepared in just THREE hours (twice, actually, because the first version got overwritten accidentally). Why? Because we needed a proper connection from Slovenia to Hungary for patch 1.19, which introduced Szeged and Pécs. We had just a matter of days to prepare this for ProMods 1.96 and I was already glad that it didn't look like a quick job in the end (by the way, thanks for insulting my hard work on that). We had little time for research on this (just some location sampling from Google Maps and Streetview), so if things got wrong, it's because of that.
Also, with that kind of attitude, you have made your chances even slimmer to join the team. A fighting relation will do neither of us any good, no matter how good your mapping skills are. We once had to refuse another mapper (not mentioning any names) to join ProMods because of grudges against one of the other developers. Please, don't go down that pathway, would you? I have even helped you and Volan throughout development to get this map working properly anyway, remember? And is this my "thank you"? *sigh...*

In my opinion, we are done talking now...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

26 Sep 2015 11:44

This topic is now reopened. If anyone continues the previous discussion he/she will get a warning and this topic will be locked for a longer time. Thank you.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

volan123
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2015 12:08

Hello everyone! I hope you're enjoying our map! Anyways, we have made a rough plan for Croatia. Be warned, anything may change at any point of the development so everything you see here it's not set in stone. If you have any suggestions or question, feel free to tell/ask them! :D

P.S. We also have a new member but let it remain a secret ;)

Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Vøytek
Developer

26 Sep 2015 12:29

Great, I was in Split 4 years ago and in Pula 2 months ago. Can't wait to drive there ingame ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Dannu
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2015 12:40

Very nice plan :)
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

mbman212
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2015 18:25

That is awesome plan! ;)
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 Sep 2015 19:07

Personally I think the number of planned cities is a bit too much. Five cities ought be enough for Croatia if you want to do them well:
- Zagreb
- Rijeka
- Zadar
- Split
- Dubrovnik

You could consider Pula and Osijek, but I'm afraid that with all other cities things get really crammed...

Try the following on the map: make every city dot 40 km in diameter. That will give you an idea how much space a city will take up on the map, including all the surrounding landscape. Then you can see how crammed this map will be.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Vøytek
Developer

26 Sep 2015 19:45

Some of them can be made as very small cities like in Poland Rebuilding. We'll see. Some of ProMods cities are also very close though too important to be missed.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

grega

26 Sep 2015 19:48

Thanks for advice, as its writen this is only a plan, which will change upon the progress and actual use of space, so we will see. For the instance: Varaždin and Virovitica will be quite small, like half of a size of Zagreb as a capital
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

JetstreamF1

27 Sep 2015 06:34

Plan looks great, looking forward to seeing how it turns out ;)

Headquarters: Frankfurt am Main

Current Truck: DAF XF Euro 6(<5000km)

Journey Screenshots (Old Photos are on Pages 1-5): http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8253

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information