Sport discussion topic

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
ScuL
Founder

02 Oct 2015 10:00

I grew up with Football and Formula 1 but both sports don't entertain me so much any more.

Football because it's all about money and not about sport these days. How many players in Manchester United are actually from Manchester? You get the idea..
Blatter & MaFiFa have messed it all up

Formula 1 for similar reasons. The rules destroyed the sport and Bernie Ecclestone desperately needs to start his retirement. The engines sound like lawnmowers these days. I am lucky enough to have seen real Formula 1 cars race in 1993 and in 1999 and the sound was the best thing about it.
I started watching F1 in 1989 and Ayrton Senna is my all-time hero. Lewis Hamilton is my current favourite although Max Verstappen is making his way :)

Then there are sports that I really enjoy watching but don't know too much about such as Icehockey and Rugby.
Currently the Rugby World Cup is on and I really recommend to watch it, even if you never heard of the sport before. I suppose my favourite team is obvious :P
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

02 Oct 2015 17:56

ScuL wrote:Football because it's all about money and not about sport these days. How many players in Manchester United are actually from Manchester? You get the idea..
Blatter & MaFiFa have messed it all up
Haha this is true. I remember a funny moment in recent times when I think it was Eden Hazard who didn't know who Cambridge United were :lol:.

Pizzano
Donation rank:

02 Oct 2015 20:35

I really can't understand the big difference between american football and rugby.:?

DEL BOY
Donation rank:

02 Oct 2015 20:55

There is two famose football clubs that has a lot in comen , one is the oldest football club in the world and a brittish club the 2nd famose italian club , can anybody gues who these are and why they play friendlys every so often.

Pizzano
Donation rank:

02 Oct 2015 21:22

DEL BOY wrote:There is two famose football clubs that has a lot in comen , one is the oldest football club in the world and a brittish club the 2nd famose italian club , can anybody gues who these are and why they play friendlys every so often.
Would that be Notts County and Juventus? :)

DEL BOY
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2015 06:51

Thats wright juventus obtained colours of notts county shirt and wearn them since

Ostpuff
Developer

03 Oct 2015 17:02

My overall favorite sport is floorball (similar to hockey, played mostly in Sweden and Finland). I played in a club for 4 years, and it's really fun both playing and watching, because of the very fast pace.

I like playing football as well but I despise watching it because of the slow pace and all the foul play... and not to mention the corruption...

Other than that I also love watching ice hockey. The fast pace just makes it so enjoyable and my favorite team is Djurgården (big team from Stockholm)
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Dannu
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2015 17:49

I myself also like floorball, but i do not play it. I do also watch Allsvenskan (2nd highest ice hockey series at Sweden) and my favorite team is Asplöven Haparanda :D
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information