Company help

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
____MB___
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2014 13:12

Hi guys i hope you don't mind me asking here but i have become a bit stuck.
In the map editor i have come across the number 5 button (company properties).I wasn't intended to use custom drop off points but am interested if i can get this to work..
You have the option in editor to pick company similar to the city so i went to set it up in a similar fashion.
When entering the company info in company-bcp-editor what do i put as the prefab number as obviously its not connected to a prefab?
Also is there anything else i need to consider.
Image[/quote]
I am aware this is probably the completely wrong way of doing this.
I have also stumbled across a old thread in the scs forums http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... ies#p21438 and have tried this trick but i don't fully understand or it don't work as it causes a crash before the map gets loaded.
any advice with what i need to edit file wise or some good info from which i can learn from would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2014 13:53

This number 5 option was part of 18wos. It doesn't work in ETS, UKTS, GTS and now ETS2.

Not sure why they stopped with this system, but Im hoping it will return in ATS.

The topic on the SCS forum is about this:
- The pmd/pmg is the file mesh (so the company building)
- The ppd is the prefab file and it contains the company lines (green)

You have to assign the pmd to the ppd through the def so you could assign the company lines of Tradeaux to a model like a speedbump.

The ppd itself can be edited, together with the pmd/pmg in zmodeler3.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

____MB___
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2014 14:13

Ah ok so better off not wasting anymore time on that then lol

Thanks nico for your answer i kinda understand it a little more now what you have said makes sense.
So i could make a simple straight lined,one drop off spot prefab, as a universal prefab which i could use in many places otherwise its a new prefab for every unique delivery point more so with more drop points as the lines will be fixed?
Unfortunately i think i will have to leave this for now i don't have zmoddler and i have no experience to go with it.

Thanks again
MB

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2014 14:19

Yes but prefabs always need a company node (the rotating logo where the player can activate the jobmarket) and a delivery node (where trailers will spawn)

To make it even harder there is a difference of in and out delivery points (so a different code for arriving shipments and shipments ready for transport).

Without zmodeler its almost impossible (Editing with a HEX editor is possible but will be even harder ;) )

____MB___
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2014 14:34

Ok thanks buddy so alot to learn before attempting that.
Its a eye opener to me how complex map building is.Coming from someone who has only edited maps on games on the ps3 where you dont have to worry about the unseen stuff.
So i will keep learning its tough with little info about even to do the simple things but im getting there probably not doing all the things the right way but im learning..
1 more question if i may
I am trying to keep my work away from promods sectors,as ideally i want to run together but when i load with promods it crashes.Im pretty sure its to do with the prefabs,im using fld's pack so when i load with promods i remove his mod so the game uses your but when i enter my area it crashes(i assume his latest pack isn't in the latest version of promods and im using uk prefabs for example)
With the next release of promods assuming you will use all the prefabs from fld am i right in thinking this should fix the crash?

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2014 17:03

Yes indeed.

When using both packs the game won't understand it.... so that happens when you add FLD his pack together with the ProMods.

We have made some modification to his prefab so it works with ProMods idealy. The new pack is added already, but ofc not for public purpose since we still build on our map....

____MB___
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2014 17:29

Thats brilliant thats all i needed to know
Thanks Nico

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information