SCS forum troubles

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

23 Nov 2015 01:17

Hi,

Many of you might know that there has been a recent disagreement with the SCS team. If you wish to comment, discuss or ask questions about this feel free to use this topic. On the contrary to the SCS forums, posts here will not be edited or deleted.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Space4K

23 Nov 2015 01:38

I honestly don't know who's right, they created ETS2 and you're "just" modding it so their decisions are "superior"... but that's like saying Microsoft has rights to decide about a game because it runs on Windows OS.

Besides, I don't even follow SCS blog and you're the only map mode I use as you're the best. :D Sorry to hear ScuL what they decided to do with you, f**** them and keep on doing the amazing project you started, everybody really appreciate it. :)

One question, will this somehow affect the development of ProMods?
A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half... I am the smart man. LOL!

mbman212
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2015 01:40

^No, it won't affect. Or at least, it should not. ;)
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

bumbumek

23 Nov 2015 01:47

This is so unreal...I'm so dissapointed with SCS attitude, or I should say (because SCS team is still quiet about this) with moderators from SCS forum. I followed all discussions, and I'm fully on your side ProMods team. Without your map mod, ETS 2 game is unplayable to me. Keep up the good work guys!

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2015 01:58

Certainly a low for SCS to promote piracy. Does that make it right then for ETS2 itself to be pirated? Because its very easy to do.

Thank you Promods for all you do with this community and keep things fair and respecting every individuals efforts in the mods they create. I am very happy to see your new sub section for other mods! This was a wish I had with this site so people can post their hard work here.

Good work and keep doing what you're doing and never stop. Every day draws closer to Promods 2.0 and I am very much looking forward to it
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

Westwood255
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2015 02:39

As I havn't seen the argument before the posts were deleted on the SCS forum, i can't really speak out my opinion.

But if official SCS moderators had to delete and censor posts, one should think that they have something to hide that they don't want the community to read. Perhaps SCS isn't that friendly to their community that I had the impression that they were.

I hope you'll keep on developing this awesome map mod and this tragedy wont influence on your progress :)

Without ProMods, i wouln't have played this game so long, so keep up the good work :D
927 hours of Euro Truck Simulator 2 played

Profile 1:
HQ: Berlin [DE]
Level 58 (Legend)
Distance driven: 242.241 km

Profile 2:
HQ: København [DK]
Level 39 (Elite)
Distance driven: 119.594 km

ron_Lq

23 Nov 2015 03:32

Sad story.. After all SCS must to know that without global mods, like PM, their games are totally dull and empty - broken engine, a plastic bag. No wonder, even Rig'n'Roll 2 / 3 can beat it, because it has "a world, an atmosphere, a diversity", which SCS games have no by default.
Hope, it doesn't affect next 2.0 PM, and you guys will find a solution of this temporary trouble.

lumentulo

23 Nov 2015 06:09

Good day to you.

Well, divorce is not the best option but okee. I've just read your point of view, seen absolutely no reaction from SCS, at least yet. Could you provide me with a link where other game developers you mention in your post at facebook clearly explain what is accepted and what is not? Especially I'm interested in a part which bans the hackers.

Thanks.

---
Note: Using the pronoun "you" I've meant the ProMods team.
Languages: RU, EN, DE, PL.

hkkane
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2015 06:14

Any prove SCS (screenshot)support hacking mods?because I don't follow up full story in scs forum

RH Trucking
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2015 06:20

bad that this happened but who knows maybe the beginning of a new story
from my side as a small user i can say i am glad that you guys are not totally lost to find updates and other stuff like bora with his magical trailerpack is ...times are changing

when this was happened there is soon again - seems they end as a screenshot posting site

@hkkane
better you look there - i dont want to blow it up here
enough happened there

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information