American Truck Simulator - Have to pay for each state? WTF.

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Northtrucker

21 Feb 2014 00:27

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... a%2F156724

Having read this article, it seems like we have to pay for each and every state in American Truck Simulator. Looks like we only get California from start, and then other states comes as DLC. Seriously, WTF is this?

If we actually can believe this, it looks like SCS will go in the direction of macrotransactions. Really, really dissappointing SCS, if this is the case. Most indie developers launch their games without DRM and almost for free at things like Humble Bundles, but you guys at SCS will make us pay for each state in the whole US!? What's this gonna cost us, 500$? If the pricing is the same as Going East, it looks like.

ScuL
Founder

21 Feb 2014 10:43

Knowing the scale and the amount of detail they're using I don't think there is any other way to do this. If they were to release it with one big US map the game would take 5+ years to develop and its price would go through the roof, in the mean time the company would struggle to survive due to lack of income.
I really don't think that they'll set the price at the same level as with the Going East DLC for each state.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

21 Feb 2014 23:17

If SCS hasn't announced it, I simply do not believe it. No matter the source...

Aside from which "speculation" is a pointless waste of valuable time.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

21 Feb 2014 23:43

Each state? uh... idk about that lets hope their not pricey like EA's games and DLC packs

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

22 Feb 2014 19:54

Amazon gave a price of $20 for the starters pack.

Their info:
Product Description
Product Description
From the developers of the hit franchise Euro Truck Simulator, prepare to experience life on the West Coast in American Truck Simulator. With the base game featuring major arties throughout the Golden state, you’ll experience trucking routes so realistic it’s recommended to apply sun lotion before playing!

In America, big is beautiful and the trucks you’ll be driving are no exception. With a selection of vehicles that are larger than their European counter parts, you’ll feel the raw power of each vehicle’s engine as you cruise down the wide-open roads and manoeuvre through densely populated cities.

This base game will continue to be expanded upon with future releases extending your Californian driving experience. Unlike digital versions, this boxed version will include a serial key to allow the free download of American Truck Simulator’s Arizona expansion pack later on during 2014.

*Disclaimer*
These are all speculations, nothing is certain unless SCS confirms it!
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

22 Feb 2014 19:57

so all of that above is fake?

james.donlin.9

24 Feb 2014 03:20

Trucksim.org now has a countdown clock for ATS. Can anyone verify if this is accurate?

sw3gameboy

24 Feb 2014 06:52

james.dolin.9: The Baron (Muzz) have said this:
The release date was provided by Amazon. It's not official yet and can also be changed, just like all release dates.
You heard him ;)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Feb 2014 07:36

No this countdown is wrong..... There isn't even a Beta of ATS yet so how would they ever manage to release it within a month??
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

ScuL
Founder

24 Feb 2014 21:07

Those dates are fake, they are moved every few weeks/months because of contractual agreements with the distributors
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information