Car Discussion Topic

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Boosted Doge
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2015 20:59

thank god i was just driving my friend's little C4. what is funny is the dude saw me with the hand on the stick ( please don't get in dirty mind mode ) and he didn't say a thing
Image Image

Rocar 512E

30 Nov 2015 17:25

CrazyTrucker wrote:the hand on the stick
The gearstick right?

Boosted Doge
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2015 17:45

Yeah lol
Image Image

Dannu
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2015 20:39

True man changes gears himself. Manual FTW!
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2015 21:52

Only people like you don't know how good that is yet :P.

Boosted Doge
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2015 22:56

MrSimsFaniFIN wrote:True man changes gears himself. Manual FTW!
you are the real MVP :lol:
Image Image

Dannu
Donation rank:

01 Dec 2015 06:52

I know :D
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

mbman212
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2015 19:14

As I mentioned on the first page, here is a short review of my Mercedes-Benz ;)

This is a 1997 Mercedes-Benz C220 Diesel wagon. It is quite old but with a good techniques, you can keep up with modern traffic flow. Also, this review might contain some background information of other models that Mercedes has produced. ANd, last but not least, I will tell you some tuning info, what I'd like to put on the car.

At this point, I just want to say that due to some things, I have blurred out the registration plates, but I hope you don't mind ;) Also you may notice that driver side door is open. This is due to the fact that the car may lock doors while I'm outside and the other key, which I have in my pocket, is broken.

The front looks similar what you see on W140 S-Class and W124 E-Class. It looks nice into my eye just like it is, but I prefer some projector lights with black background (they can be equipped with Angel Eyes too).

On the cabin, it looks nice, though I don't prefer cloth seats, they're prone to crack easily from the left side of the portion, where your butt is and it has been claimed the most common area where all Mercedes seats have been broken. But on mine, they're in excellent condition because they had covers on them, though they're not clean as you may see. The arm rest box is bought from a car parts store, though in some models, Mercedes has put a leather one, which I prefer.

This center portion of the dashboard looks nice, it's blue with some carbon fiber-look in it. Those warm/cool rollers heat up mirrors, when they're fully on warm. They have some long worm-looking incandescent light bulbs behind those control panels, which brakes up very easily, so I'd like to change them to LED's.

The buttons are (top, center between warm/cool rollers): truck glass wiper, up for work stroke, down for washer fluid. In the middle is hazards and the right one is central locking button, up to lock doors, down to unlock doors. In the middle of the rollers are: trunk glass warmer and air circulation so it won't take any fresh air from outside.

The instrument cluster looks like this. It's very clear, and the car is at idle as you may see. The left side has engine coolant gauge and diesel tank gauge to show the amount of diesel in the tank. Full tank is 60 liters, so it has almost 15 liters there. In the same is outside temperature LCD display. The measuring think is located on the left side on front bumper. On the center is the speed-o-meter and below them is trip gauge (showing the distance driven from last refuel, it hasn't been reset though) and the overall driven distance. To the right is engine speed gauge, A.K.A tachometer, which shows the engine speed in revolutions per minute. In almost every older Mercedes (from mid 70's to 2008) it's multiplier was 100, so if the needle was at 20, you only need to add two zeros behind, which says the correct speed, 2 000 RPM. Also, 99% of car diesel engines has the gauge up to 6 000 RPM but only tuned ones go that high or even exceed it. Mine stops at 5 400 RPM.

Also, around the gauges are different warning lights and the arrows around the speed-o-meter is turning signals.

Mercedes began to put a small bagdel to the fenders saying, which interior trim level the car has. The available badges were: Avantgarde, Elegance, Classic, Sport and Esprit. Classic is the basic one and Avantgarde is the best one. Mine is Esprit which is the best one for the C-class.

The truck isn't that big, but if something bigger is coming with you to somewhere, you can fold the back seats to get more space. Sorry about the crap inside, it's only a empty container, box containing old heater blower motor and some lubricant to add friction to the serpentine belt. Under the main floor is the back up wheel, battery and Mercedes' own car jack. The right hand side lid has a small storage.

And the rear view of the car.

This is the engine, OM604 2.2 liter indirect injected diesel engine. Indirect injection means that there is a pre-combustion chamber or a swirl chamber in the cylinder head, where the fuel is being sprayed. It produced 95 hp at 5 000 RPM, so to get all German horses to run, you have to floor it.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Boosted Doge
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2015 19:39

Very nice mate, very nice indeed mate
Image Image

///Miksu

03 Dec 2015 20:03

I have one Mercedes too. W124 230E.
On monday I am going to testdrive W124 E320. If it is ok I will buy it.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information