Default SCS improper signages

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
AssassinLV
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2015 16:23

A question is - are the ProMods also going to fix the signage errors in the non-rebuilded intersections?

Like for example: " l l " that means Two lines goes straight and 3rd line goes off, but quite often is used for 2-to-1 split roads.
And also " l ↑→" that means 1 line goes straight, 2nd line can go both - straight and off, but is again used for 2-to-1 split roads.
So should I post those signs as Bugs, even if that would be SCS work to fix (but they didn't did it for 2 years)?
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Dec 2015 18:45

We don't have the assets yet to fix those signs quickly. But as far as I know, only the Czech Republic and Slovakia are still affected by this. For Italy this is a different story: there is really is like that.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Purno
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2015 18:53

AssassinLV wrote:A question is - are the ProMods also going to fix the signage errors in the non-rebuilded intersections?

Like for example: " l l " that means Two lines goes straight and 3rd line goes off, but quite often is used for 2-to-1 split roads.
And also " l ↑→" that means 1 line goes straight, 2nd line can go both - straight and off, but is again used for 2-to-1 split roads.
So should I post those signs as Bugs, even if that would be SCS work to fix (but they didn't did it for 2 years)?
This bothers me quite a lot too, so I'll do whatever I can to fix it. However, this will take time. Also, there's little point in spending a lot of time in upgrading signage in areas that will be rebuilt later.

It does have my attention.

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2015 22:13

MandelSoft wrote:For Italy this is a different story: there is really is like that.
You wan't to say that in Italy the signs actually says that the line goes straight when it actually goes off?

cause I meant this one: http://steamcommunity.com/app/227300/di ... 712826080/
Mom says to son.
Sure.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Dec 2015 22:55

Well, it's quite common in Italy where the signs do not seem to match the lane configuration of the road....
https://www.google.nl/maps/@45.7502698, ... 6656?hl=nl
https://www.google.nl/maps/@46.4770241, ... 6656?hl=nl
https://www.google.nl/maps/@46.0815212, ... 6656?hl=nl

Italian signage is flippin' weird!
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

lolli

04 Dec 2015 16:30

The last one it's not an error. The yellow sign means that you can't exit there because the lane it's interrupted. So if you wanna to go to "Trento sud" you need to go straight ahead for 6000 m.
The other i think they are pretty simply: in one case there are three lanes (Highway) and one exit |↑ l ↑ l ↑ | →
in the other it's a two lane road (Freeway) with one exit | ↑ l ↑ | →
Usually freeways use two lanes otherwise Highways uses three lanes.
Hope this clears some ideas because i don't know if I've explained this well
EDIT: in Italy it's usually common do to the exit with a new lane that goes down like here: https://www.google.nl/maps/@46.4758062, ... 6656?hl=nl
Cheers
A fresh start after almost 5 years of no ETS 2 :lol:
Ets 2 1.35.something + DLC Going east + Promods 2.42 + DLC Scandinavia + DLCs blabla
Volvo FH16 2013 by ohaha? Something like that
Map coverage: 0%

LoaderSaints

05 Dec 2015 09:24

@lolli
It seems to me that you didn't exactly understand MandelSoft's point. In the first link you can see that there are 3 lanes going straight and there is one additional lane for exiting the motorway but the signs indicate that there are only 2 lanes going straight and one exiting the motorway. So there are more lanes than signed.
In the second case there are only 2 lanes and there is no lane for exiting, the ramp simply branches off the lanes going straight though the signage indicates that there are 2 lanes going straight and one lane for leaving the motorway. So less lanes than signed.

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2015 14:15

@LoaderSaint, second one is correct.. Though the Road was more like "↑ l ↑→" Means that second line was brached, you could go straight or exit
Mom says to son.
Sure.

lolli

05 Dec 2015 16:33

@LoaderSaint
Yes you explained well what i didn't understand (Thank you!!!). In Italy we have a "strange" sign system. As i was saying Highways have three lanes and that sign doesn't sign how many lanes you have, but how that three lanes goes. Practically we don't sign how many lanes goes straight or so, because in almost every Freeway or Highway the exiting lane simply branches off the road.
Hope this time i explained better. ;)
See ya!
A fresh start after almost 5 years of no ETS 2 :lol:
Ets 2 1.35.something + DLC Going east + Promods 2.42 + DLC Scandinavia + DLCs blabla
Volvo FH16 2013 by ohaha? Something like that
Map coverage: 0%

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information