ProMods 2.01

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Stuferus

13 Jan 2016 23:36

will the crashes near ikeas aka in berlin be solved in 2.01??

voridor
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2016 23:47

ScuL wrote:At this moment of time the steady flow of bug reports about little things (such as grass errors or flying signs) is ensuring that 2.01 is being delayed more and more.

We would like to tackle as many bugs as possible in 1 release, rather than releasing 2.01 and then receiving bad critiques because there are still errors we didn't solve.

Our intention was to release 2.01 within 2 weeks after 2.00, but it looks like it might 6 to 8 weeks judging by the amount of work.
While this is honorable indeed, you could release the fix for game breaking bugs (lots in invisible walls, for example) and release the minor corrections in 6-8 weeks. If the community doesn't understand the difference between those types of bugs is none of your concern.
Meanwhile I have to save the game every 100 km or so to avoid being stuck somewhere with no other solution than call the emergency service or reload a game very far in the past.

I support Promods and I will in the future, but like another user said, the phrase: "It's ready when it's ready" is not polite and a bit annoying, amateur or professional that PM is matters not.

rookie_one
Donation rank:

14 Jan 2016 02:22

/Lurker mode off

Guys, see it like that : The more you complain, the more time it will take since instead of working on it, they are responding to your complaints. So let's just report the bugs and let them work on correcting things.

That and each time you complain, god kill a kitten and the promods dev have to mourn it

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

14 Jan 2016 06:46

^^ You understand the whole point.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

ScuL
Founder

14 Jan 2016 07:55

voridor wrote: While this is honorable indeed, you could release the fix for game breaking bugs (lots in invisible walls, for example) and release the minor corrections in 6-8 weeks.
There are only 3 or so invisible walls that I am aware of, I've driven many thousands of kilometres on the map during testing. The ones that are known now should be easy to avoid once you've seen them and the CTD areas in Romania can be avoided as well.

If we do a fix for those game breaking issues in 2.01 and then release a 2.02 with all other fixes then people will start complaining they have to download 1GB x 2 again, not to mention the Payloadz users that have paid a charge.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

gkar2012

14 Jan 2016 10:49

ScuL wrote: There are only 3 or so invisible walls that I am aware of, I've driven many thousands of kilometres on the map during testing. The ones that are known now should be easy to avoid once you've seen them and the CTD areas in Romania can be avoided as well.
Hi. Firstly let me say i love promods but, only 3 invisble walls that you know of? I must be unlucky i guess i found 3 on one junction, and a further 2 less than 10km down the road. I guess i should start sending in coords, but thought promods must know about these by now.

UPDATE Fixed problems by removing BCS Real company and BCS trailer mods. Awesome
Last edited by gkar2012 on 14 Jan 2016 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

1t5_Luc1f3r

14 Jan 2016 11:32

All I have to say is....

"Patience grasshopper's"

let's face it there are thousands of miles to travel on the map without going near the reported bugs, enjoy whats there and the next version will be upon us before we know it :)

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

14 Jan 2016 12:41

gkar2012 wrote:Hi. Firstly let me say i love promods but, only 3 invisble walls that you know of? I must be unlucky i guess i found 3 on one junction, and a further 2 less than 10km down the road. I guess i should start sending in coords, but thought promods must know about these by now.
If they don't know them either no one else has found them by now, or they are caused by some other mod you are using.

ScuL
Founder

15 Jan 2016 01:44

Yea as per above, they are not issues with ProMods but caused by incompatibilities with other mods.

The ones I know of are on the A27 near Portsmouth, the BAB3 between Köln and Frankfurt and one in Stockholm.
There are a few smaller ones in some companies but they don't destroy the gameplay as such
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Snowleopard
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2016 02:32

Ah the one in Portmouth, I slammed into that one last night, laughed my head off as the Ai collided with the rear of my trailer which turned into a bit of a pileup, was very funny, I took co ords in case it wasn't known. 10/10 would drive the A27 again for giggles!
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... hp?id=1044
General Manager JWT VTC 2011+ (UKTS/GTS/ETS2/ATS)
PMs since V1.0 2013 8-)
@12 10 23
Map cover: 93% PM 2.50/RusMap/Gr8Steppe/MidEast
Driven miles: A LOT!, USING 10 Y/O ORIGINAL ETS2 PROFILE!!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information