off-road PM...

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Horizon™
Developer

26 Apr 2016 18:19

ron_Lq wrote:And there are voises: it's not realistic, there isn't any off-road in clean and tidy EU, , go it find in in your dirty Russia !.... blah-blah-blah.
The fellow team members never said 'Go to your dirty, horrible Russia' - if you want to have adventures in the harsh conditions like 'off-roads', then this modification ain't for you. Only couple of dirt/gravel roads are added to the map, because they are leading to somewhere, and partially used by people - for e.g. Icelandic inner roads in the game, gives some 'off roading' for an average player who just wants to enjoy the looks of a game and our mod throughout his game-play time. Some of the companies have gravel roads leading to/from them. 'RusMap' gives you a feeling of even more horrible conditions in the Russian Federation and Belarus - it also has only couple of gravel roads, and only one of them has a proper challenge for a player.

Also, did you have ever seen a off-road path directly leading to a massive cities like Berlin or Stockholm? Probably not...
No. That's not what I meant ! Pas du rien ca ! Pas du rien !
All I wanted is to make more interest in PM map, to draw attention of those who choose TSM or other maps of such kind, to attract them, after all. That's it.
Just for the start, why can't we have something like that
Team are adding roads like that as a secret most of the time, so it is your own turn to find them out :P
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

ron_Lq

26 Apr 2016 18:51

I've never thought there are hidden roads ! I realised there is only when dropped from the main clean road by accident. I'm not sure people that using PM even know there are, see....
But it's clear and clean Europe, there must not be such surprises. And I better keep quiet about any type of "realism", not only in PM and ETS, but in games at all.
Anyway, hidden roads, that's not point I'm talking about. If there are, it's shouldn't be tucked away from sight, from the map.
What Scull think ? He's from AU, there are plenty of offs in AU. And that's great, great experience, isn't it ?

ScuL
Founder

27 Apr 2016 01:23

Well saying I am in AU is the same as saying you are in Belarus :P NZ is a different country...

I don't disagree with your desire for more off-road roads, but the main goal for ProMods is to rebuild a realistic equivalent of the actual European road network.
Any type of gravel road, dirt road is based on free interpretation and is a 2nd (lower) priority than the main route network.

PS: There are several trick roads in hidden areas, amongst others in Spain, Austria, Finland... of course Iceland has a lot of them too.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

27 Apr 2016 09:45

ron_Lq wrote:All I wanted is to make more interest in PM map, to draw attention of those who choose TSM or other maps of such kind, to attract them, after all. That's it.
The sheer realism for a start. :mrgreen: As far as the topic is concerned, the Balkans in general are a good source for bumpy roads, but the team hasn't covered it all yet so there's definitely more to come on that. However, places like Romania or Moldova have got a good coverage of bumpy roads. And if that's not enough, you can also add RusMap to your profile and discover the bumpy Russian country roads. Then there are the dusty roads which you'll find all over the map if you look carefully. Iceland is a good start. Plus, not all of these are shown in the GPS, so you'll have to find some smaller roads without the blocker. These are called "Easter Eggs". Most if not all the other countries we've developed have those, and it's up to the player to find them. Even Spain, which isn't a big portion of the map, has got a few.

Lastly, don't forget that this is ETS2, not SpinTires. Most of Europe has smooth asphalt nowadays. And these European trucks shouldn't be confused with the older Russian trucks in SpinTires; they can only go so far off road. If you really want an off road experience, I'd recommend SpinTires, but we're not currently developing that game.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Drive Safely

27 Apr 2016 10:00

Also don't forget that in Scandinavia, there are quite a few long gravel roads towards the quarry and construction site delivery points. ;)

lolnoobhax

27 Apr 2016 12:51

As much as I think the driving on water is shit and am wondering why I always get stuck if i'm even 1 meters deep in the grass... Driving through that unfinished highway in France was cool tho.
Drive Safely wrote:Also don't forget that in Scandinavia, there are quite a few long gravel roads towards the quarry and construction site delivery points. ;)
God some of them are really painfull if you got alot of axles ^^

ron_Lq

27 Apr 2016 15:33

Yahoo!
As we say in Russia "раз уж пошла такая пьянка" (if we're already so drunk - why not drink more), I will throw in some type of idea of future map constructions:

people who using PM may ask modders what they want to see in some future PM.
Like: What I wanna see in next PM.

And make a special thread for such type of things here.
Of course it must not be any kind of form of request. Just new, fresh ideas, maybe fantastic and absolutely rubbish - but fresh to this type of game and map.
And here, I think, we step in to other meaning "offroad" - a figurative, to bring more diversity in, sometimes, pretty linear and predictable gameplay...
ScuL wrote:Well saying I am in AU is the same as saying you are in Belarus :P NZ is a different country...
Oh my gosh! I just realized whatta stupid I am messing with flags... and names... Awfully sorry for my blindness.

LoaderSaints

27 Apr 2016 17:26

You can already leave development suggestions in the corresponding development threads. ;)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information