Things I don't like about the AI traffic

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Photon_

27 Sep 2016 19:42

Gylfi Sigurðsson wrote:To be honest the house is bloody awful, they're built by cowboys or as I know them, 'lowest bidders'. There's a housing estate not to far up the road from this image (its actually to the left rear), and its been built on an ancient flood plain; the town I'm from is an old Saxon settlement, thus the church is on the highest point and everything else is surrounding it, but I digress. The land is prone to flooding regardless of the local authorities incompetent attempts to combat this, the River Thame (the cause) run's just behind to the left of this image, all the way over to Oxford and Abingdon; when in flood, the river can rise by some 5-7 feet, thus flooding the road network, surrounding housing estates and washing away anything in its way.
I find it impressive that these houses are even still standing as the area is very 'wet', as in a large amount of ground water, hence the flooding, but its all good for me, as it brings fish like chub, pike and even carp with it, so I'm set for fishing days!
That's why I would only live in a old-build house as they were built last and have more space. The house I live was built in the Victorian era and is not too far from being 200 years old.

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

27 Sep 2016 20:09

....I envy you, my unobtainable dream is to buy and restore a Norman castle ruin, and live in it lol Altough I know I'd do a monty python and say, "go away you stupid English k-nigits!"
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information