add and expand cities in Russia and the eastern countries?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Shiva

24 Apr 2020 13:09

Belarus and Moscow are quite old, but I think I read that atleast Moscow is being updated? on the russian forum.
Maybe other areas too, someday.

kropaczka, after Iberia, I think there are 3 possibilites.
1. Western Balkans.
2. Road to Moscow
3. Norway+Sweden.

I do hope for 1. Altho I would love 3. 2 would be OK, but would prefer it after 1.
1 would be the last area after Iberia to have a direct connection to the base map.
Well, Black Sea DLC does not have any road connection to the base map. So I could be completely wrong.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

brainiac
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2020 15:38

Moscow needs a full rebuild, not just update. Both will give me a headache.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Shiva

24 Apr 2020 16:34

I think this page http://truck-sim.club/topic/28837-novos ... map/page-7 has some news about Moscow etc?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

Kropaczka

24 Apr 2020 16:45

Shiva, As much as I like my homecountry, I would actually prefer Balkans first, too. It kinda seems weird that that part is always being worked upon and never covered fully, but then again, the region is quite vast.
Norway and Sweden is also a viable option, and again for the same reason — a large portion of the region was worked upon already.
I can only wonder if some part of Ukraine would be included into the second option you mentioned. But that should include Moldova too.

What I’m wondering in regard of Balkans or Moldova + Ukraine is will any disputed territories be included: Kosovo, Transnistria, Southeast Ukraine, Crimea and so on, and if they will, how will they be implemented. Current ETS2 map (or is it ProMods?) shows Kosovo border with a dashed line, and the rest of the territories I listed are not designated, Crimea is Ukrainian etc. Which is okay by me, but there’s bound to be some problem one way or another. Maybe that’s another reason those regions are avoided so far?

Shiva

24 Apr 2020 17:32

Ukraine? I think that will come later. Many years from now. Disputed territories, no clue.
ETS2 map without any mods, has Kosovo as a dashed line too.

Road to Moscow, my theory, is that it would connect from Sankt Petersburg in the north, to Moscow. By E105 and/or M-11.
From Moscow to Brest via Brjansk and Homel.
These roads as the eastern and south borders for the DLC.
Total area about 80% of Iberia DLC.

For me it would be totally ok if both Western Balkans and Road to Moscow would come before more areas in Fennoscandia.
And those have enough roads and places for 2 map DLC's. Norway/Sweden and Finland/Russia. E105 to Murmansk, as the eastern border, for the latter DLC.

Kropaczka

24 Apr 2020 18:50

Well, if we’re speaking Belarus, the most iconic route must be M-1/E 30, M-10 through Paleśsie region is probably more used for cities like Bryansk or whatever. We also have M-11 and M-12 sharing the E 85 route and M-8/E 95 route, but those are relatively pointless without Ukraine I guess (well, Northern portion of E 85 is somewhat okay). Also, E 28 and E 271 are somewhat okay if we have M-10 and Minsk. (Cause E 28 connects Vilnius to Minsk and E 271 connects Minsk to Homiel, which is in turn connected by the M-10 to Brest.) But all this discussion is kinda futile at this point I guess. We’ll wait and see what comes out of all this. Other cities that might be interesting map-wise in Belarus might be maybe Salihorsk (mid-way between Minsk and Mikaševičy on P-23) with its salt mines or Orša (on M-1) as it’s the largest railroad node we have, but realistically speaking I’d be happy to have at least all six regional centers available. However, I think Belarus is pretty large, and smaller Lithuania has more than six cities on the map.

Shiva

25 Apr 2020 08:31

Belarus cities? Similar to Romania I think.

Salihorsk, the salt mines and ponds at road P-55?

Altho, another map option, if doing part of countries.
Would be to have Belarus and western half of Ukraine?
I would prefer to get Moscow before that tho.

Maybe in less than a year we will know what the next ETS2 map DLC will be?

Kropaczka

25 Apr 2020 21:06

I think that introducing Moscow and not extending E 30 is, well, quite sad. Also, I wonder if SCS extending there would mean ProMods team follows. But we’ll see, there’s not much use taking guesses.

Shiva

26 Apr 2020 08:57

Extending E30?
That would come later, in my theory.
South towards/to Volgograd could be a DLC.
East to Kazan and Samara, another.

As long as I am alive and can buy map DLC's from SCS, I'll do it.

Kropaczka

27 Apr 2020 13:17

Nah, I mean having Moscow and not having it connected to, e. g., Poland by E 30. But what you say sounds like a far future plan alright.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information